Thursday, July 1, 2010

What happens when you cook in someone else's kitchen


This is what a plastic cutting board looks like after it has sat in a preheating oven for 30 minutes while you put the baby down for a nap. When you are at some else's house and try to be nice and bake dessert, but don't ask before turning on the oven. And neither of you notice it until the whole house smells like melting plastic.

The oven rack and cutting board were lost, but after we got the oven cleaned up lunch and dessert turned out great. I guess I am the only one who has never stored something in the oven to get it out of the way for company.

Oops. Sorry. I know what your house warming gift is going to be!

1 comments:

Suzanne said...

LOL...I have never, never, ever stored anything in my oven, personally. It was a different story when I was growing up. Our house was so messy all the time that when someone was coming over we ditched stuff wherever we could. (Another reason I am compelled to stay as on top of the cleaning as I can as an adult...too many bad experiences as a child. =)