Monday, April 27, 2009

Bugz

Last month, the first grade class put on a play. It was titled "Bugz, the Musical" (an unrelated side note: how do they expect first graders to learn to spell correctly when even the play titles are wrong? When they start pluralizing things on the CRCT with a Z, they have no one but themselves to blame!) and was written to provide a singing or speaking part for every first grader. I think that is fabulous- every kid deserves to feel important at that age.

It was a smashing success! Lenna was a firefly, complete with antennae and a light up tail. Super cute! Room mothers and teachers stayed up night hot gluing all that felt... The rest I guess is best told in pictures!
Andy came in costume, too. This photo is dedicated to mothers of preschoolers everywhere.

"Mom, I have butterflies in my stomach! No, make that fireflies!"

Getting pinned in.

My camera is not so good at action shots far away and in the dark. But Lenna is front and center doing her flashlight dance.



Dancing fireflies. Lenna is on the right first, then moves to the far left.

Lots of antennae. The hand that keeps appearing in the bottom left corner is Mr Dobbins. He was gracious enough to man the camcorder while I bounced a baby and snapped pictures. Someday I will have the time to study the manual and get the video out of the camera and into the computer for you to see. It is super cute. Someday.


Army ants, Fireflies, Lady bugs.




Wings and a tail!

Future member of BYU's Young Ambassadors. She wants to star in Mama Mia and be the dancing queen. We'll see.

2 comments:

Tammy said...

Those are such cute pictures Jannet! I particularly love the one of her and Andy...look how he gets in the spirit of the production by coming incognito...LOL =) I also love that Lenna wants to star in Mama Mia - has she seen the movie version of that? BTW, I noticed that you had Abba's Dancing Queen on your playlist. I love that song and have for many years *wink*

Lauren in GA said...

I totally agree...why do they spell things incorrectly? They put all of this pressure on the kids for the CRCT tests and then do that.

What an adorable program!! Lenna looks so cute!!! Love the light up tails!