Wordfull Wednesday Topic:
"Caring for your Family - How do you let them know you care about them? What do you do as parents to show your children they are loved? "Husband and wife have a solemn responsibility to love and care for each other and for their children." (Family Proclamation, paragraph 6)"
Well, I could go on about the importance of nurturing each relationship daily, or the importance of dating your spouse, or hugging your kids, or communicating to them in their own "love languages" but it is late and I don't feel like it! Instead, a quick list of everything I did today because I love my husband and children.
1. Woke up at 4am to put crying baby back to bed
2. Hit snooze on alarm clock instead of hitting the man who set the alarm clock for 430AM and went back to bed until 6
3. Kissed husband good bye, it doesn't matter if my eyes were still closed
4. Changed baby's diapers
5. Poured milk on cereal and did other "getting ready for school" tasks when I would rather be sleeping
6. Removed mad money cash from wallet and put it in an envelope labeled "lunch money" for second grader
7. Compelled baby to buckle into car seat so she wouldn't be smooshed if the lady behind me in the carpool line hit us
8. Compelled baby to buckle into stroller in case I collapsed while exercising and stroller rolled away into fence
9. Fed cat stinky food that makes me gag but keeps him healthy which makes my kids happy
10. Washed dishes
11. Picked up and washed husbands socks, even though he left them on the floor
12. Folded laundry that I didn't wear or get dirty
13. Put baby down for a nap so she could be happy not cranky (ok, this one was mostly for me)
14. Planned a dinner menu, made a grocery list, and went to the grocery store
15. Kissed boo-boos
16. Picked children up from school so they don't have to ride the scary bus home
17. Hugged children in greeting
18. Greeted husband at door with a hug and kiss
19. Put away groceries, including healthy yucky foods and not-so-healthy foods
20. Made dinner
21. Had kids empty dishwasher and set table
22. Limited TV and computer time
23. Read a book
24. Let 8yr old lead FHE
25. Prayed together
26. Ate ice cream (OK, that was for me, too)
27. Helped with homework by looking up "tawny" and proof-reading an essay on what we will be doing this summer
28. Glued a thousand squares of confetti to help with family art project
29. Washed glitter glue off baby
30. Made them brush their teeth
31. Turned off 8 yr old's alarm clock and confined her to her bed until at least 7AM
32. Wouldn't let 5 yr old sleep wearing his sneakers and assured him he wouldn't forget to put them on in the morning
33. Sang a lullaby
34. Dried tears
35. Force-fed baby antibiotics
36. Wiped many snotty noses
37. Washed more dishes
38. Located field day shirt and sun screen for tomorrow
39. Washed ballet leotard and tights for rehearsal tomorrow
40. Set ballet slippers on counter to remember to clean tomorrow
41. Helped pay bills
42. Waited up to go to bed at the same time as my husband
43. Hasn't happened yet, but know I will be up at least twice with a kid or two in the night
Ok, at least 43 and today didn't include any dead things, bug catching, band-aids, or fist fights. Those count double, along with diapers and snot.
How do I love thee? More than I can count, or to quote my oldest- To infinity and back!
Wednesday, May 12, 2010
Let Me Count the Ways
Posted by Jannet at 10:38 PM
Labels: Being the Mom, Jannet, Wordfull Wednesday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
That sounds really similar to my day, minus the bug catching...my 6 year-old does that for me. YUCK!
I am mean because #7 made me laugh...but it was good thinking...you know, just in case ;).
Good list! Hmm....might have to do that someday when the kids say "You didn't do anything today."
LOVE your list! :)
Post a Comment