Friday afternoon we had a special treat from Mother Nature- snow! I know those of you north of us are probably sick of the white stuff, but it is a rare happening here, so we were determined to make the best of it. After nearly three hours of window checks it finally started snowing. We made do with as many layers as we could and headed out.
Happy to be in the snow!
Poor flowers. Didn't stand a chance!
Don't worry, I have four-wheel drive.
If I stand here with my tongue out long enough, a snowflake is sure to land on it!
I was pretty sure this was going to be it. Lenna was scraping every flat surface trying to gather enough for a snowball or two- one for the freezer and one for her brother's back.
Angels in the outfield.
Still waiting for that snowflake! I figured we were done here. I took everyone in, put on dry clothes, warmed them up and was prepared to watch the snow the rest of the night. It kept snowing, and then daddy came home and wanted to play. So everyone got dressed again and went back out.
Those snowballs were three seconds from hitting me.
Mom, I have a hard enough time walking on dry ground. Just pick me up already!
Trying to pile snow into a snowball for a snowman.
Daddy steps in with some snow-rolling lessons.
Adding some eyes.
Thanks for the lift, Dad.
We love the snow!
Lenna insisted on going back outside just once more before bed. She was so afraid it would all melt by morning! So she took one lap around in her pjs and robe. This was the last stop, she is starting to feel a little chilly!







2 comments:
You make me laugh with your cute comments of, "angels in the outfield." and "Don't worry, I have four-wheel drive."
It was fun to read your account. I love the pictures Mike took of the trees. They are beautiful.
I love this - you do such a wonderful job telling the story thru the pictures and your witty observations! I'm so glad that your family got some snow this year! Looks like it was a much better time than what we had with our ridiculous amounts of snow up here. My yard still has 4-5" covering over 3/4 of it, and it hasn't snowed other than a lite coating in over 2 weeks =(
Post a Comment