For our first ever Cross Family camping trip, we loaded up the kids and headed to Myrtle Beach for spring Break. The kids had a blast, it wasn't too hot, and Mike and I got to relax. No one got poison ivy, sunburned, or fell in the camp fire. Overall, I'd say it was a success!
Sadly, they didn't stay this happy the entire ride.
Andrew was the stake pounder. He did a great job.
Welcome to Hotel Cross. My name is Lenna, how can I be of service to you today?
Rebecca loved these ducks. A few well-placed bread crusts brought them up within her reach.
Then they left, and she tried to climb over, then under the fence to get them.
Lenna and Andy start the day writing in their camp journals. Yes, I made them do it. They will thank me someday.
And Rebecca made us potato soup for breakfast- zipped safely inside the screened porch away from the stream.
Our little campsite. I love that the ground was grass, no sand or mud inside the tent!
Rebecca loved the water. She wanted to stay in it all day.
But I made her get out when her lips turned blue. I'm mean that way.













1 comments:
What an awesome trip. I may have to do this for vacation next year. Camping with a beach beside you sounds like my kind of camping ('cause camping in the woods is not my kind of camping.)
You make me laugh saying that you were mean when you got Rebecca out when her lips were blue.
Post a Comment