Monday, September 13, 2010

Jannet Law Cross is....

A summer in status updates, for my non-facebook friends. In reverse order, because that is how I cut and paste from my "wall." A peek into the one-liners of the summer when I didn't quite have enough to say to make a whole blog post.

Sep 12- I'm back! Who wants to come vacuum the sand out of my car? I can pay you in sea shells.

Sep 10- Going to the beach!

Sep 9- Lenna- "mom, I ran the mile today in 9 minutes and 12 seconds! I was the fastest one in third grade, even faster than all the boys!" That's my girl! :)

Sep 6- Today I am taking Lenna to get her first manicure, as a reward for her not biting her nails for 3 weeks. Does anyone have a favorite nail place here in Augusta/Evans?

Sep 3- Just sent my boy off to kindergarten wearing a Superman cape.

Aug 31- I would like to go to bed now and start Tuesday over. Or perhaps sleep through the rest of the week and check back in next week?

Aug 30- I finally used the "faces" feature on all of my picasa albums. It automatically tagged all the pictures of my dad as Santa Claus. I love it! I'm not changing it.

Aug 30- What is the point of having insurance if you keep getting bills anyway? And if it is as simple as me making a phone call to complain about said bill and the phone lady pushing two buttons to make it "paid" why don't they just do that in the first place and save me the heart attack and phone call every time a $500 bill arrives in the mail?

Aug 30- Getting the last of the stitches out today. Cancer-free pathology report. Booking a hotel room at the beach in a few weeks. I will force things to go well today!

Aug 25- Took the youngest two to the dentist this morning. No screams, no tears, no cavities! Way to go Becca and Andy!

Aug 23- Most people come out of plastic surgery with bigger boobs or a flatter tummy. I only got a few stitches and bandaids. So unfair! Now just waiting for a good pathology report. To all of you immortal youths out there who think it will never happen to you, wear sunscreen!

Aug 18- Took me only one night to switch to California time. Have been back in GA for a week, and still can't make my internal clock function on Eastern time. Why?

Aug 12- My baby has started kissing her own booboo's. I feel so useless!

Aug 11- It's good to be home! Except for that sticky floor, sick baby, and was it always this hot and humid here?

Aug 4- I am loading my kids' bookbags for the first day of school. I LOVE the smell of new pencils and crayons! Funny, Lenna has been planning the perfect 3rd grade outfit all summer. Andrew just wants to wear his pajama shorts and Batman cape. Look out Kindergarten, here we come!

Aug 3- On the phone on hold. Fighting insurance claim denial, getting dr to resubmit paperwork, getting roof leak repaired for the third time- and everyone is at lunch and won't call me back. The price of making calls at naptime.

July 29- I just talked to my grandpa on the telephone. He sounded so old and tired. Made me sad. Glad I get to see him next week.

July 23- I love visiting teachers. Especially ones who come calling with window A/C units.

July 23- Ugh. No A/C until Monday. We are moving into the swimming pool.

July 22- It is 90* inside my house. Turned off the useless AC and opened all the windows. its getting better. pray the repair guy can come tomorrow morning, so I don't have to wait until Monday!

July 19- Home Again. Great week, long drive. Home to clean house and fun surprise from daddy!

July 15- Spending the week in WV with friends- I love the fresh air, cool temps, good company, and lots of space for the kids to run. Last night was fireworks, fireflies, and butterflies. Only thing missing is daddy. We miss you!

July 13- On the Road Again!

July 8- Hot. Humid. Sick. Stir crazy. Not a good combination!

June 25- I just finished packing for a mother-daughter campout. Lenna is so excited to be leaving the "little kids" behind. Good luck to dad tonight!

June 19- Made it back, and has the laundry and trashed car to prove it.

June 10- Warm cookies and cold milk. Life is good

June 6- Root beer floats for dinner, fireflies at sunset, little kids with bare feet running in the sprinklers. I love summer!

June 2- Cannot think of anything good to say. Must be bedtime.

May 25- I am looking to borrow/rent/buy a toddler backpack carrier to use on vacation in a few weeks. One of those you haul your toddler in when hiking and such. Anyone have one?

May 20- I love pretzel M&Ms

May 15- First pool day of the year. I am ready for summer!!

May 13-  Off to field day! My junior track star is ready!

May 11- I had a flat this morning. Grateful that it was s low leak, I could drive on it to get air, get my kids to school, etc then get a $30 patch instead of a new set of tires.

May 7- Up at midnight again with a crying baby. Her legs and arms are splotchy with hives. I think she may be allergic to the amoxicillin she has been taking for strep throat. What do you think?

May 6- Andy was out catching turtles in the backyard for show and tell before breakfast this morning. He wasted no time getting messy with wet grass, mud, and turtle excrement. Combined with the dead mouse the cat left on the door mat and the baby stepping in the turtle poop, it has been a fabulous morning- all before 8!

May 5- I really need to have a productive day today, but I can't keep my eyes open. I am SO tired! Help!

May 2. Up at midnight with Becca. 104.2 temp. No other symptoms but a runny nose. Waiting for Motrin to kick in.

1 comments:

Lauren in GA said...

Whoa...that is a great time to run the mile in!!! Amazing, Lenna!