Friday, August 27, 2010

Success!

We all survived! Our first day of playschool went well, without major incident. I was so tired at the end of the day. I never drink caffeine, but stole one of Mike's Diet Mt Dews for the day but I was still beat!
There are a total of 4 little girls ages 21 months to 3yrs. We rotate houses and take turns teaching btwn the 4 of us. I only have to do it 3 more times between now and Christmas but have 12 Thursdays free! And Rebecca will get practice going to 3 great babysitters which will make all the dr appts and new baby stuff a lot easier.
They all came, dumped out all the toys in the living room and played for about an hour. We read 2 books, talked about the color red, found all the circles in the caterpillar book, made a circle with ourselves and sang ring around the rosie about 10 times.
Then we made a circle caterpillar picture with crayons and glue, played with playdough and cookie cutters (I made it the night before with koolaid, had one girl insist on eating it), had a snack of round crackers and red plums and water. No spills!
Then we went outside for about 40 minutes, we used the neighbor's fun backyard playset and she brought her granddaughter out to join us. Then we returned inside, washed hands, dumped the sand out of their shoes, and I made them clean up the toy tornado. While we waited for moms we strung cheerios (more circles) onto red pipecleaners to make round bracelets.
Then everyone left and Becca and I took a nap. I only had one try to run away but after her mom arrived so it technically wasn't my fault! And one who snuck and ate a whole banana while I was running the bathroom but I guess she was just hungry! No one cried, hit, or had a tantrum!
It was a lot of work, but I enjoyed it. I get to play teacher for a while without having to commit to a job, can handpick my students, and get free preschool for Becca.
Next week I am dropping her off and spending the morning at the kids' school. Should be fun!

1 comments:

Lauren in GA said...

Yaaaaaaay!! Glad it went well!! I agree, if the child runs away once a mom arrives then you are officially off the clock!