Now that the kids are in school and Rebecca is able to entertain herself for a little while and I can stay up past 8PM, I am starting on my project list. It has been a while since I "made" anything and have enjoyed it so far. I made a list of what I wanted to make each child for their birthday and Christmas. I also made a time line of what to get done each week in between now and then so that everything gets done without the Christmas Eve all-nighter. So here is my to-do list. I got a few ideas from on-line, so I put in the links for reference. Things I have to make are red and links are underlined.
Birthdays:
Andy: hooded towel, guitar, tool set
Becca: quiet book, kitchen, play food and dishes
Lenna: hooded towel, bike, message board
Hooded towel idea and pattern came from some I saw at Tim and Steph's years ago and have been carrying around in my head ever since. Was amazed at how fast they went, I should have been making them for years.
I made my own quiet book pattern from ideas I saw here. Kitchen recycled from Lenna's that is in storage now with new pots and pans.
Will use this tutorial to make Lenna's memo board for her room.
Christmas:
Andy: marshmallow guns, drum set, pirate map, wall stickies, race track
Becca: doll house, calico critters, baby doll stroller, big girl bed set, bath toys
Lenna: ribbon barrette craft kit, roller skates, American Girl doll clothes, blank books, room makeover-mobile, wall stickies, curtains
All: pajamas, surprise balls, activity advent calendar, nativity puzzle blocks, Elf on the Shelf
Mike gets to make the marshmallow blow guns (2 of course so he can battle) found here. Pirate map found here.
I was going to make this last year for Lenna, but she told me she was too old, so I saved the idea for when Becca was big enough.
Lenna loves hair clips but I don't want to pay $4 each for hot glued ribbon. And maybe if she makes it herself, she will be less likely to pull it out and lose it? She love books and stories, so I thought I'd give her something fun to put out a finished project. She wants a real decorated room, so I am giving her the supplies. I thought this mobile in her favorite colors would be cool.
I have bags of flannel and pj patterns to use. I love the surprise balls found here, though mine never turn out quite so finished looking. And the activity advent is just more to-do than to make. I make mine up from ideas found here but keep it as simple as possible.
Here is my time line. Two weeks in- so far, so good.
1. hooded towels (done)
2. 4 pages of quiet book (done)
3. 4 pages (cut out and ready to sew)
4. 4 pages (cut out and ready to sew)
5. last 3 pages and binding for book (cut out and ready to sew)
6. shop for supplies
7. memo board
8. mobile
9. cut out pjs
10. 1 pj
11. map and barrette kit
12. 2 pj
13. 3 pj
14. books
15. doll house
16. advent, shop
17. Christmas cards and grandparent gifts
18. mail all pkgs, surprise balls
19. wrap and hide
20. vacation starts- I should be done and ready to just play with my kids this week!
Friday, August 20, 2010
My Crafty to-do List
Posted by Jannet at 4:55 PM
Labels: Being the Mom, Christmas, Jannet
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comments:
Wow! You are so with it! Thanks for the links - I will definately (okay, hopefully!) be getting around to some of these crafts!
Post a Comment