If you never hear from me again, know that I or my home have not survived my latest experiment- a toddler play school hosted in my living room.
Tomorrow is our first official day. We are learning about the color red and circles, reading the Very Hungry Caterpillar and making circle caterpillars with our name letters, and playing with red play dough and round cookie cutters. And the other 2 1/2 hrs of the 3 hr block are mine to entertain them with free time and snacks. That is where it will get tricky.
How shall I teach them to share the toys, use the potty when they need to, listen to the rules, put the toys back when they are finished, not to get food on the floor, to stay in the yard when we go outside, to not hit or bite or kick or scratch or scream when some else has something you want, to sit for story time and wiggle at song time, to not whine, not eat the play dough, not to put glue on themselves or the floor, not to chase or be mean to the cat, and to have lots of fun while doing all of that? Wish me luck. Maybe by the end of the year? Tomorrow I will settle for "Don't run away." Anything else I can handle. I hope.
Wednesday, August 25, 2010
If I never blog again
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comments:
Yeah, not running away is always a vanguard for a good play group.
You are awesome Jannet. You will do great!
Post a Comment