Monday, August 23, 2010

Turtle

I had a tiny turtle
His name was Tiny Tim
I put him in the bathtub
To see if he could swim. . . .

Our backyard is a treasure trove of odd creatures.

One morning before school, we woke up to this little guy. We heroically saved him from the cat who wanted him for breakfast. Then tortured him by taking him to preschool for show and tell. We are diabolical like that. Don't worry, we let him go right after and he disappeared into the bushes, safe and sound.




Becca was the bravest and first to touch our little friend. And first to step in the turtle poop, which is surprisingly smelly.



Andrew would only touch it for the picture, and then with just one finger.
Good bye Mr Turtle, see you next spring!

1 comments:

Lauren in GA said...

I laughed at the, "We are diobolical like that." You people are sinister.

Becca is so brave!!