Thursday, March 17, 2011

The Big Split

I have a blog. You are reading it, obviously.
But it is a confused blog. It is a mix of family journaling, photos of the kids, some craft stuff, and my odd ramblings. I actually started the blog as a home for my odd ramblings and the kids took over.
Now I am stuck. I want to keep the updates of the kids and family stuff detailed and current for all of our family that we never get to see or talk to. I also want to freely comment on other blogs, join linky parties, and leave my blog address when I enter writing contests or the like. However, I don't want the hundreds (ok, who am I kidding, dozens) of people who read those and come clicking over to see the photos of my kids or read about the school play or the soccer team and have one of them turn out to be a creepy stalker or something. So... I am stuck.
I decided to just split it. This blog is going private so I can fill it with all the kid stuff an not worry about the stalker people. This probably doesn't affect you because most people who read this blog get it sent to their email box or read it on the multiply site. Anyway, there it is. If want to keep reading, I will be happy to add you to the reader list if you are willing to come out of the stalker shadows and identify yourself.
Then I will jsut put all my ramblings, devoid of any stalker fuel, to this other blog I started a long time ago but have been neglecting. Then I can have a blog address to drag around the world wide web to make as many virtual friends as I want. Operation JOY, found by clicking those colorful words. It needs some sprucing up, but will do for now. So if you have my name in your blog sidebar, could you change it to this blog instead so your click-thru people will not get an error message?
And all the craft stuff will stay on the Froggy blog. Also safely devoid of any personal info or pictures of my kids.
So that is that. I will sleep better, and hopefully Mike will, too!
Love ya,
Jannet

1 comments:

Lauren in GA said...

When will this one go private? Should I, "Quit following" this one so that it doesn't appear on my profile of blogs I follow?