Tuesday, March 15, 2011

No Words

I have nothing to say lately. I have plenty to say when I am away from the computer, but my mind goes blank when I sit here.
I have been thinking in little one-liners instead of paragraphs- the most complete thoughts I can manage in the few minutes each day the crying and needing stops long enough for me to have thoughts of my own. And it isn't really worth the trouble to blog one sentence, no matter how profound it might seem at the time. So my blog sits empty waiting for something intelligent to show up on the screen.
As a stop-gap, here is a list of single thoughts that have wandered through my mind lately, at least the ones that I can still remember.

Rebecca informed me today that "My cracker is an octagon!" Who taught her about octagons? And she was right, it was an octagon.

Elizabeth has an expressive face, esp when crying. I can watch her and tell she is not just screaming, she is actually trying to tell me something. I wish I knew what it was.

In fact that was as far as I got in one sitting before I had to go change a diaper and feed the baby to stop the crying. See, no complete thoughts.

Elizabeth is getting a bald spot right where Becca kisses her 100 times a day. Coincidence? Maybe.

I need to lose  30 pounds and see if I can find my stomach muscles. I tried on 15 pairs of pants last weekend and not a single one fit. As an alternative to sweats and pajama pants, I went out an bought myself a pair of jeans. From the women's section. It was depressing.

Rebecca asked me to make her cookies today. No, actually she wanted to make the cookies. She helped me make peanut butter cookies. Her favorite part was tasting the cookie dough and smashing the dough balls with a glass. And of course eating them.
This is the easy recipe- 1cup peanut butter, 1 cup sugar, and 1 egg.
Mix. No tasting after the egg goes in!
Form into balls. Try to keep toddler from smearing peanut butter dough all over counter and shirt. Give up on enforcing the no tasting rule.
Pour a bit of sugar on a plate. Gently shake to remove finger prints. Wash toddlers hands to remove peanut butter and sugar.
Flatten each ball with the bottom of a glass dipped in sugar. Chant "sugar, cookie, sugar, cookie" until you are done.
Bake 12 minutes or so in a 350* oven. They might bake faster with a toddler nose pressed against the oven, or might not.
Remove to cooling rack. Cool. Have a princess tea party while waiting to distract your toddler.
Then eat and share with other kids when they get home.

That above could have been a post by itself. But I didn't take any pictures. Because my free hand was bouncing a baby, who screams anytime you put her down and will only sleep while being held. And I took me three tries to write it. And all the cookies are gone already.

Saw a post on another blog about the great tv debate. my opinion- I hate tv, but I need it. I think it wastes time and money. Especially professional sports and reality tv. But I need it to get a shower or make dinner when nothing else will hold her interest and keep her from destroying everything she can reach. But I hate that it feels like I need it. And I watched Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune while nursing the baby and ignored the kids who needed to be put back to bed.

I have no calling at church and feel totally lost on Sundays.

We had a lesson on Sunday about work. I wanted to comment about being grateful for the chance to work. That I would love to be able to sit and scrub floors for an hour straight. Or do anything for an hour straight. But I didn't. Oh well.

I have a growing folder of bookmarks on my computer of things I want to make.

I want to write a post about everything I have learned about home ownership living here. And all the things I want in my next house. Before I forget what it is.

My kids were super excited when they learned we were moving in 3 weeks. It made it a lot easier to be happy about it myself.

I wonder if Lenna will be negatively set back if I can't fight to get her into the gifted class next year. Is there anything wrong with just going to normal school?

I have been considering the idea of bartering for piano lessons- preschool for your kid at my house two mornings a week in exchange for a weekly piano lesson for my two kids. What do you think? Possible? Interested?

I have been having trouble getting excited for our upcoming move. Would it be disloyal or hurtful to my current friends and situation to be happy to be leaving them all behind?

Had to take another break here.

I didn't go see Pioneer Woman at the library last weekend. And it didn't ruin my life. Good to know.

I hate it when the tv is on the baby is crying and instead of trying to help, the tv just gets turned up louder.

Ok, that is all I can get out. The tv is really loud, the crying is still louder, and there is nothing else to do but start pacing, turn on the kid's music so they can stay asleep thru the crying and loud tv, and pray. See you again at 4 am.

And no pictures.

1 comments:

Lauren in GA said...

I had to chuckle about Rebecca knowing what an octagon is...things like that have happened to me, too. Years ago, Mike thought that I had taught Brian what a star was and I hadn't...he picked it up somewhere.

How are you feeling emotionally? Is that to brazen of me to just come right out and ask?