Yesterday Andrew brought home a permission form and this post it note:
"Andrew's writing has been selected to represent SCE kindergarten classes in the Young Georgia Authors writing contest. Please fill out this form so we can send his essay to the county level contest."
His little face was just bursting with pride, right before he broke out into the happy dance chanting "I won, I won, I won!" We are proud of him and happy that he has something to celebrate being good at.
Unfortunately we won't hear the results from the county for a few weeks, which will be too late for us since we will be moved by then. I wonder if they will still give him the award if he wins, if he has moved out of Georgia? We are hoping that luck and history are on our side, as well as some fabulous writing about "What Happens in the Spring," since Lenna won the competition in first grade.
Regardless of what happens, we are very proud of our little man. And personally, I am relieved, since it wasn't long ago that I had to bribe him to hold a pencil long enough to write his name.
Thursday, March 24, 2011
Young Writers (mommy brag)
Posted by JMC at 11:04 PM
Labels: Andy, Being the Mom
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Oh that is amazing. yeah Andy!!!!
SO, SO WONDERFUL!!!!! WHAT AN HONOR!! So cute how excited he was that he won.
Post a Comment