Monday, September 21, 2009

Cure or Quack

Chiropractors.

Do they help aches and pains? How about other issues like GI problems? What about for kids? Worth the risk? What do you think? How do you find a good one? Please share!

1 comments:

Lauren in GA said...

Well, I spit out a bunch of information at you in the hall at church, but I have heard good things, overall. Like I said, Kristi Dawson said she was skeptical and then Lance had a HUGE #2. Kristi was at the appointment for herself and the doctor said after looking at Lance that his hips were out of line (I think...or maybe he said his tailbone wasn't straight...something like that...I am lousy at remembering details) and he offered to adjust him. He gave Lance an airplane ride and then he laid him on the table and somehow adjusted his little body. I asked Kristi what Lance said because I was curious if he thought it was painful and she said Lance squealed, "Again! Again!" I guess he liked the airplane ride.

I also asked my sister about her opinion about children visiting the chiropractor and she said she read a recent article in Parents magazine...I asked what it said, and she said, "Oh, it just said chiropractic visits for children is becoming more frequent but it didn't give an opinion...it just listed people's opinions, pro or con" Oh, well...I guess that information wasn't really helpful but I did glean that it is more common for children to visit the chiropractor.