Yesterday I let the kids try out a new dessert recipe. They chose apple dumplings, using this recipe from pioneer woman, one of my favorite blogs. My kids love her food. Anyway, I will not do a step-by-step tutorial- you can just read the recipe then do it yourself. It was super easy and super yummy. Hers is prettier than mine, but I bet she didn't have a four year old helping. I let the kids do the parts that didn't require heat and we doubled the apples.
Lenna read the recipe.
Andrew invented his own rolling style.
Just baked. A little too much help with the cinnamon shaker, but still tasted good.
Excellent with ice cream.After everyone gets a taste, hurry and think of someone you can give it away to. Trust me, this is the only way to keep from eating the entire pan yourself after the kids go to bed.
Someone who just had a baby, had surgery, lost a loved one, broke up with a boyfriend, is getting skinnier than you and you want to make them gain five pounds, any of those reasons would be acceptable grounds for a house call.
I let the kids deliver it themselves, with exclamations of "We made this for you!" and "We already tried some, so we know it is good!"
Enjoy!



2 comments:
Well, as the benefactor of such delicousness I thank you from the bottom of my heart and my taste buds thank you, too.
My ever expanding rump, however, does not thank you.
Uh...deliciousness was spelled incorrectly...
I am all zenned out from the deliciousness...
Post a Comment