It is 4AM. I have been awake since 3:13. My head hurts and y eyes are burning because I am so tired, but I still can't sleep. How completely unfair. I thought if I just typed out all the junk running through my head and got it out, that maybe I could go to sleep.
Did you know my son has a doctor's appointment this morning? I forgot until a few minutes ago. I must cancel my gym date (sorry Rosetta). It is at 10am. Should I take him to school for an hour or just keep him home? Should I return him after or let him stay home? He missed a full day last week for an allergist apt. I guess it depends on if he gets shots and how he is feeling. I need to get his shot record from school. I think I accidentally gave them my only copy. Since we are visiting a new doc they won't have it on file. He needs his three point screening as well. I have to fill out the packet of papers before we go. Must remember to talk to them about his wheat allergy. And his snoring and strep and see if he needs his tonsils out. He grew nearly 5 inches last year. Is that normal? I got two reminder calls for this apt, from different offices. I wonder where I am supposed to take him. Must call and find out as soon as there are normal people awake and at work. Maybe I will drop him off, get his shot record, go run a few errands, then go back and get him. Let him ditch the second half of the day because it is just lunch, recess, naps, and snack. And why I am I even bothering to send him if it is just filler the last two hours....
Both kids need lunch money for the month. Find checkbook.
I need to send a note with Lenna to the nurse explaining that she outgrew her nut allergy (hooray) so will not need special snacks or an emergency treatment plan. Also need to contact the teacher to find out if she has to do all of those papers from last week when she had the flu. I think she is feeling overwhelmed. Today is horizons day, so she will have even more to do. I think I will just throw them all away and see if she says anything. Add in another weeks worth for our trip and we will be drowning in worksheets. What exactly do we say to a truant officer when he calls and asks why our daughter missed 10 days of school in one month? I am continually tempted to start homeschooling. But after last week, I think it would make us all crazy. I have to not even think about it until after Christmas, at least. then it wont seem so overwhelming.
Vacation. We have one coming up in two weeks. Less then that actually. I feel like I am leaving something important undone. We have a hotel booked. Have a outline planned. Have character dining reservations (note- make kids watch Winnie-the-Pooh so they can appreciate lunch with Tigger and Pooh. Andy didn't know who Eeyore was last week. Really? Lenna lived on that movie as a baby, how did he miss it?). Have online sites with discount tickets marked. Oh, must go on base and see if out TA status makes us eligible for military discounts. That will save a few hundred dollars- must make time for base trip then buy tickets. Then settle up with school and face the scorn of the receptionist. I hate attendance policies. I should be able to take my kids on vacation when ever I want when they are that little and way ahead anyway.
Need to make reservations for discount getaway Mike got for long weekend. Sometime during Christmas break. Maybe to the beach? Will it be too cold? Do the kids care if they have to wear jackets to the beach? Probably not.
Need to make reservations at Tenn cabins for Mike's side of family vacation. So his sisters don't declare us incompetent vacation planners and disown us. How did we get stuck planning two reunions in one summer anyway? Need to make final decision for Law family trip. Need to just call people and ask what they want to do or is the beach is too expensive. You'd think they would want to have some input since it is their money at stake. Maybe I should just do whatever I want and let them worry about getting here and finding a place to sleep on their own. I am booking a beachfront condo then with Tammy's timeshare club.
Need to find time to pay three bills online today. Websites have been down. They should wave late fees if their site is down, I should get a credit just for trying to log in.
Starting to feel stressed about out of town visitors. I am afraid I will run out of time to get things ready. I still am trying to catch up from two years of neglecting the house. Working, pregnancy, and postpartum depression will do that to you. If it took me that long to mess it up, I should get that much time to put it back together. wait, I did have that much time. I am just really slow.
Need to move crib to spare room so I can do Andy's room. Maybe then he will sleep in it instead of migrating to everyone else 's bed during the night. Tonight he picked Lenna's. She just came out completely offended that he snuck in and has been kicking her and stealing the covers for the last few minutes. Should I tell her her was in there before 8 and she just didn't notice? Before I can move the crib I need to get the file cabinet and end table out. End table to good will, file to dining room by the computer. Need to move craft table out of dining room by decluttering, storing art supplies, and finding a new place to stash 10 boxes of food storage. Maybe in Becca's closet since her clothes only hang down a foot. After than I can move crib and set up Andy's room. Then I can organize toy storage and get the totes out of the front hall. Then deep clean everything before people get here. And should probably patch up the gaping hole in the bathroom ceiling before company starts to arrive.
Need to get winter clothes out of storage and put away summer stuff. Did I ever move the winter clothes out? they might still be hanging around here somewhere. That would make it easier. Need to get next size up clothes for Becca. Starting to get cold, need to do it this week before I give up and just go buy them new stuff and then next month find they have too many clothes to fit in the drawers. Trying to decide if I should give away Andy's clothes as he out grows them. Made peace with getting rid of Lenna's starting with the 5's- by the time Becca gets that big the clothes will be 12 yrs old, and most of them were hand me downs to begin with. They deserve to be set free. But toddler clothes get outgrown faster so I feel ok about hanging on to them. But boy clothes are really hard to find second hand. so if we have another boy within the next year or so, I will be wishing I had a stash. But what if it takes another yr to get pregnant and it is a girl? If by some miracle I feel competent enough to have another one after that and it happens to be a boy, that puts at least 8 yrs or so between Andy and the next boy, which seems too long to be toting around boxes of tiny sweats. Keep or pass? I have no idea. I guess I will just box them up and put them in storage and worry about it later.
So, a week and half until our FL trip. Disney, Seaworld, Busch Gardens. Is there a beach near Orlando? I know it is in the middle on the map, but how long does it take to get over to the edges? Might be a nice diversion on our in-between resting days. After we get back it is a week until Halloween. I need to find time to get Lenna's princess dress (early birthday gift?) and make her costume. Becca and Andrew are still young enough to dress up from the stash of play clothes. The next week is Becca's 1st birthday, my dad flies in a few days later. Spend the week touring, then that weekend is Lenna's b-day and baptism, which brings 7 out of town guests to host and entertain and find a place to sleep. Did I mention I have to get the bedrooms ready? I need to order her scriptures and check on her dress to make sure everything gets mailed and shipped and delivered on time. The next week is Thanksgiving and our 10 yr anniversary. then its Christmas time already and I haven't shopped, decorated, or anything.
And I am supposed to throw in Lenna's birthday party someplace. She didn't ave one last year because I was having a baby, so I told her this year she could have some friends over. She wants to go skating, She has never been. I should find time to take her so she can try it out first. it would be sad to spend her birthday party hating the activity she chose. I still need to get Andy to Chuck E Cheese since he didn't go on his b-day because Lenna was sick. And they keep asking me to take them to the pool. Andrew wants to go to the Y because he is finally old enough to go to the clubhouse.
I wonder what I can do the week my dad is here. Seems a waste to fly 6,000 miles to watch me drive them around to school and ballet and basketball. But I am not sure I could get away with pulling them out of school again to do any day trips. Hmmm. Would like to go to the zoo/gardens. Maybe a day trip to Savannah and Tybee Island. The county fair is that week as well. Hard because the only weekend he is here is filled with birthday/baptism stuff. Will think some more. How about I just pull the kids out of school altogether until after Christmas so I can haul them around as much as I want?
There. Feel a little better. at least now I have a list. Sort of. Help. I am not going to make it. Should have stopped at "I can't sleep." Must refill prescription in the morning.
Goodnight. I hope.
Shoot. Time to get up in 2 hrs. Baby awake. Lenna insists I move her brother before she will go back to bed. Don't call me later. I will be napping.
Tuesday, October 6, 2009
Brain purge
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Probably a rhetoric question, but I'm pretty sure the beaches are only 1 hour from Orlando. Sounds like a fun vacation!!
Whoa, Jannet. I think I know why you had trouble sleeping.
I found it very fascinating though...thanks ☺.
Post a Comment