Sunday, October 25, 2009

We're back

We just returned from a week in Orlando. I will spend a while journal-ing and posting pictures, but first I thought I would give you a quick summary of our trip. Bad first, to end on a good note.

Negative things:
Parking fees. Everywhere
Toll roads
Too cold to swim, beach, or picnic
Full-price fare.
Estimated wait time: 30 min and up
"They should change the name of this place to "Line-World" not Disney World. I even have to stand in line to go to the bathroom!"
Fold the stroller to board the train, escalator, monorail, shuttle, etc. Carry the two sleeping children and a days worth of stuff, and fold and pull the stroller.
I need another tissue.
101.5*
Can I please go to bed now (spoken by a 5yr old)?
She's throwing up. Again.
"We recommend you locate the nearest urgent care clinic or emergency room"
"Can you tell me the name of the closest urgent care? Can you give me directions?"
Dehydration
Vomit
Bile
Rectal temp
Intravenous re-hydration
"Mommy, I threw up"
"Jannet, there goes #3"
Non-refundable advance purchase attraction tickets


The Good Stuff:
On-time departure and arrival
Cooler temperatures
Wait is less than 10 minutes from this point
Character dining reservation
Fastpass available for this attraction
"This is the best day of my life so far!"
"Everything here really is magic!"
"Lap children allowed to ride"
Take the train
"I am going to sleep in tomorrow"
"Hey, I still have some cash left!"
"We are open until 11"
Insurance accepted
Zofran (my new favorite invention)
mild dehydration- no IV required
24 hr pharmacy
housekeeping
linen exchange
warm enough to swim
cable tv
Seaworld entry this way
no waiting for this attraction
event included with admission
free treats
I want to be an animal trainer when I grow up!
I guess maybe I can learn to dive without holding my nose.
"I got splashed by a dolphin!"
no traffic to report
"I think I am going to take a nap now."
Augusta 27 miles
Home Sweet Home
"Hey, someone cleaned our house while we were gone!"
"I can't wait to go back to school!"

1 comments:

Lauren in GA said...

Welcome home!!!!!

I loved the, "This is the best day of my life so far! and the fact that someone can't wait to go back to school!!!! That's wondeful.