Friday, January 1, 2010

Dear Santa

We attended the county tree lighting celebration for the first time last year. It is not as big or fancy as the one held down town, but I was nervous about being downtown in the dark without Mike, so we opted for the tamer, safer option. It was just right for the kids. We saw the ballet demonstration, several school choirs, enjoyed free hot chocolate, and visited this guy. Some of us were more pleased than others.







The tree itself was rather puny as far as great evergreens go, but they tried to make up for it with all the other light displays. Every tree in the park plus the fence and gazebo by the pond were lit up with the flip of a magic switch. The kids loved it!

After the crowd died down, we visited the snow machine which, surprisingly, was blowing soap bubbles, not snow. Lenna managed to get her picture in the paper dancing in the soap snow. No, I don't have a link for you, just a cut out on my fridge that is too small to scan. You will have to take my word for it.



This one is going back on our activity list this year. I love simple, small town fun!



1 comments:

Lauren in GA said...

Somehow I missed that event last year. I guess I couldn't have taken John, anyway...but the other boys would have loved it.

I bet Becca will like santa better this year.