Monday, January 11, 2010

Sick Day

I found my camera.

The fish died.

Mike cleaned the kitchen.

I have a cold and would like nothing better than to go back to bed. Well, I would like to go back to bed and not worry that the house will fall down while I am sleeping. I have company today. Unwelcome company.

Lenna is home sick with pink eye and a head cold.

Andrew is home sick with a runny nose. However, I think he could have made it today with some cold meds, if I had woke up before 8:22 this morning.

The kids are supposed to be at school at 8:00 and 8:15. So that pretty much made staying home the best option. Until now, when they are bouncing off the walls and chasing each other and keeping Becca from her nap and basically making me want to scream, if it wouldn't hurt my head so much to do so.

It is my own fault I guess. I assumed the kids would be at school and booked myself a doctor's appointment, a visiting teaching appointment, a gym date, and signed up to bring a family dinner today. I should have known better.

And lastly, would it be worse to prepare and deliver food from a contagious household or to retract/postpone the dinner offer at the last minute?

2 comments:

Lauren in GA said...

I am not sure...I guess you should cancel taking dinner...but that is hard to do, too.

Sorry that you are feeling lousy. Stay away from me.

heh, heh, heh...just kidding...

Candy said...

Hey, I noticed that a little ceasers just opened up on the corner of evans to lock and furys ferry. $5 pizza is always an option for taking dinner, and they even have a drive through! Just saying.