Monday, November 1, 2010

A Mother's Bedtime Prayer

Dear Lord,

Tonight I pray for strength.

Please help me to care for my children and watch over them when I cannot. One is vomiting again. There is one with nosebleeds recovering from sinus and throat surgery. And one is overwhelmed with her own emotions and worries.

Please help me as I adjust to all the changes in my routine and learn to balance again. The rush of housekeeping chores (esp laundry), a new church calling, the return of morning sickness, two upcoming birthday celebrations, and an uncertain future are feeling like too many things to juggle at once.

Lord, help me to not feel overwhelmed and just take it one day, one hour, one moment at a time.

Thank you for my dear husband, who makes an excellent post-op nurse and holds my net as I to catch me when I fall off my tightrope. Thank you for modern medicine and the excellent care available to my family when we need it. Thank you for friends who help and family members who care and for priesthood blessings that comfort.

And please, Lord, if just for tonight, let them all sleep at the same time!

Amen

1 comments:

Lauren in GA said...

Bless your heart, Jannet. Sick kids, morning sickness (again)...all of it is so much to handle.

I cried over you last Sunday. I just got called to teach the 4 year olds in Primary. There were a lot of investigator's children visiting Primary for the first time and the Primary president was frantically trying to figure out which class everyone went into. I thought to myself, "If she had Jannet on her team she would know immediately where each child went. Jannet was so organized...*sniff* *sniff*... I miss my Jannet!!!!!" President MacArthur said we shouldn't get on Facebook and complain about all of the changes...but he didn't say we couldn't blog about it...heh, heh, heh...

I know we didn't get to do a lot together socially because we were always busy with kids but I really, really, truly miss you. If you need a babysitter so that you can go to the doctor or whatever I am just, you know...only a mile or two away...even though I am in the other ward, now. *sniff* (Dumb Baston Road being the boundary...*ptooey* *ptooey" Baston road.