Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Clean Sweep in Baby Steps

Today I made a list of everything I want to do before the baby comes to get the house ready for company and real estate people and such. It was long and overwhelming. However, I know I will feel so much better to no longer be surrounded by all this stuff and have this giant list hanging over my head.
I have decided to break it up into little manageable baby steps and try to conquer one little job at a time. I rotate through the rooms of the house each day doing deep cleaning, hitting each one about once a week, and add in my de-clutter job, and my daily upkeep things and when I am done, I stop. No worrying about the next thing on the list. Going to keep track of my progress here under the label "clean sweep."
Today's job: the medicine cabinet.  Out with everything that was expired or nearly empty. Sadly, there wasn't much left! I couldn't believe how much junk had accumulated up there. It felt good to toss it all out. And thanks to an awesome Christmas present from my friend, I had a box of new everything ready to take its place. One bag of old medicine out, one box of new medicine in, one less box taking up space on my counter, one less thing on my list. And it only took about 30 minutes!
Wonder what I can knock out tomorrow?

0 comments: