22 days left
220 things to do to feel ready
24 hours in a day
7 days in a week
My calendar from last week:
And my glorious plan for this week has already gotten all messed up because of an impending snow day or two so everything has been pushed over at least once. I would show, but then I would have to rip it off the calendar. And I wouldn't be able to find it the rest of the week. So it has to stay up.
A little overwhelming? I a little bit. But in addition to all the to-do there are good things thrown in, like a spa date or date with Mike in the Mom section, craft projects in the to-do list, double meals (to freeze for later) or cookies in the eat section, and the freedom to circle an entire day and push it over when I have to fill in the blanks with "take a long nap with Becca on the couch" or "go to lunch with a friend" instead of cleaning the bathroom or washing sheets.
And it makes me feel just a little bit more in control, which is a good thing.
21 days left to feed and rock the baby all night without getting out of bed. 21 days left for Becca to be the baby. 21 days to be a family of five, not six. 21 days to sit in silence after 8PM and read/type/sleep/talk without interruption.
22 days to go, until baby gets to spend time with us on the outside and I get to spend three days in the hospital in bed with my meals being delivered on a tray and a nurse to make my bed and hold the baby while I take a very long shower. Forget the whole pain and monitors and feeding and all that- focusing on the positive here!
25 days until my mom comes to visit, which she hasn't been able to do since we moved here 6 years ago. Hope Georgia isn't too different from Alaska. Lenna wants to make brownies and go to the nature park, and Andrew is excited to leave the cat food out and introduce her to the neighborhood opossum.
The countdown has begun!



1 comments:
My heart began to race just reading this. I am so sorry for the stress.
Drop your kids off at my house...and go take a much needed nap.
Post a Comment