Wednesday, July 16, 2008

three and a half foot logic

How Andrew thinks always amazes me- sometimes silly, others profound.

How to make banana bread: take some bananas and squish them up, take a loaf of bread and squish it up with the bananas. Roll it out flat into a piece of bread shape and poke in some raisins. Bananas + Bread = banana bread. Obviously we haven't done much baking around here lately....

How tall will you be?
Andy: "When I am 100 I will not be able to have a house."
Me:"why not?"
Andy: "Because I would smash it!"
Me: "huh?"
Andy: "Now I am 3 and this big, and Lenna is six and this big (reaches just above his head) and you are 28 and this big (points to the ceiling) and grandpa is 50 and even bigger than you. I keep getting bigger when I get older, so When I am 100 I will be really, really big and smash the roof of the house! I will have to live in the forest"
Me: "OH. Well, maybe you could build a castle or something." It is not worth the effort to explain why people stop growing by about 20. We will just let him figure it out on his own.

Me, after a particularly rough day at school with Andrew, who had a very hard time following directions, "Andrew, why weren't you listening to me today?"
Andy: "I left my listening ears off today. I will turn them on again tomorrow, maybe."
Me: "I would appreciate that."
Where is the on/off switch, anyway?

Andy: "I can't eat any more dinner today."
Me:"Why?"
Andy: "There is no space left in my tummy, it is full (lifts his shirts and pokes out his stomach, just to make sure I see how full it is)"
Me: "Ok. No room for ice cream either, go get some jammies on."
Andy: "Maybe I could vacuum some room in there, but not enough room for carrots, just enough room for ice cream. (makes a sucking sound and runs his hand around his stomach) Now there is room for ice cream in there!"
I want one of those vacuums!

3 comments:

Abs said...

This post made me laugh heartily. He is a funny funny guy. Thanks for sharing.

Abs said...

Of course you can come to bookclub! I only started it because I was always so sad when the RSU bookclubs died. We're reading "The Prize Winner of Defiance Ohio" and the next meeting is on Aug 20th.

Lauren in GA said...

Oh, my gracious! I loved everyone of those!!! He is so, so funny and smart, too.

I loved your title! It's true...you simply can't argue with 3 and a Half Foot Logic, now can ya?

You know...his banana bread recipe doesn't sound half bad...