Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Jet Lag

I am Sooo tired!

It is much easier to stay up and sleep in later than to force yourself to wake up and go to bed earlier. I have fallen asleep sitting up three different times today. Only one was in a public place, sitting in line for the drive-thru teller, good thing my kids are horrible in the backseat and were able to wake me with their squabbling before any damage was done!

Andrew spent most of the preschool morning curled up in a ball on the mat and Lenna sat out the entire day camp with her head down. I hope I wasn't to horrible of a teacher to the three and four year olds that came to school today.

I think we all would have been fine except for our very early morning yesterday, when we had to wake at 4AM to catch a 630AM flight, that sadly turned out to be delayed by three hours which we spent bleary-eyed in the airport, followed by a five hour flight and a three hour drive home. And of course we arrived to a hungry cat, a stack of mail to sort, messages to return, meetings to attend, bills to pay, etc. It is so much easier leaving for a vacation than returning from one!

I have made it a goal to be caught up and returned to normal by the end of the week. Here is my to do for this page, as a sneak peek for you and a reminder for me:

upload photos form digital camera and Andy's fishing camera

write about plane flight,lots of relatives, 4th, lake trip, family photos, grandma's move, cousins, new book series, mike's med board, and our remaining summer plans.

Until then, enjoy this photo, which was taken by my sister Shannon :


1 comments:

Lauren in GA said...

I feel like I have jet lag and we didn't even fly anywhere...We drove to the beach and were in the same time zone the whole time but, I feel like I have aged 10 years since coming home from vacation.

I am so glad that you were able to wake up at the drive through teller line. *Phew* that was a close one ;)

Hopefully you can get some rest this week. :)