Friday, June 27, 2008

Pink or Blue?

I had my ultrasound yesterday! It was a very good experience. So many things came up in the first few months that it was a HUGE relief to see that everything is going well. Even if my thighs are shrinking (again, is that really a bad thing?) the baby is growing right on schedule!
We did determine the gender of our little bundle. However, Lenna wants to be the bearer of happy news to our family in CA in person next week, so I am not going to tell it here. And for those of you who already know, please edit your comments so Lenna can keep her surprise!
I was going to post a picture from the ultrasound, but it didn't turn out as much more than a gray blur. I think I am the only one who can tell what I am looking at anyway, I think you have to use your imagination a bit.
Mike and I had a nice doctor date at the clinic with a follow up at Red Robin for some french fries and a baby name brainstorming session. I think we have it narrowed down pretty well! That we will not share until the baby is born, so you will all have to wait. Unless of course Lenna finds out, then everyone will know within the week!

On a sad side note, I just spent 5 hours archiving old posts from the family message board I used to run for the Cross side of our family. I really put my heart in it the first few years when I started it in 2003. It was a great tool for keeping everyone in touch with each other. Over the last year it has kind of fizzled out, especially the last few months when I had to stop posting there in order to keep some distance between myself and Mike's crazy sister. I think it has officially died! So I hurried and saved all my posts from the past few years so they wouldn't be lost when MSN deletes it. With some editing, they will make an excellent journal! Now I can have no mixed feelings about making a clean break and being done with the whole thing! I am so grateful for the blogger site that has made this blog so easy to do so I have a new outlet for my ramblings and a way to connect with everyone! And thanks to all of you for reading and commenting so I can feel connected with my family and friends. So out with the old and in with the new!

3 comments:

Lauren in GA said...

I am so glad that you were able to salvage your old posts before MSN deletes it all. It will be such a fantastic journal, I agree! (Sorry, it died, though...It is hard when there is family friction).

I think it is so great that you are letting Lenna share the news!

I like the idea of waiting to share the name, too...I had a lot of pressure to share the names we had picked. I even said once that I just felt that I wanted to meet the baby first before deciding but, certian family members were so weird about it and would ask repeatedly if we had picked a name.

Tiffany -- the mommy said...

I think it is great too that you are letting Lenna be the barer of good news!!! Okay so I totally want names to be picked out, cuz I am just wierd about that kinda stuff but I totally understand keeping it to yourself too... Have fun in CA!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry about the CC - but glad that you were able to salvage your old posts - you had some terrific ones!! Was so excited to get to talk to you right after your date on Thursday. It was too funny - not even 3 minutes after I hung up with you, Mike called. I took the wind out of his sails by already knowing....he was telling Mom while you were telling me =) Congratulations! I'm so happy for all of you!! Another niece on the way - when she arrives, I'll have 8 nieces and 3 nephews - WOW!