Tuesday, June 10, 2008

I'd like to order dessert, please

I met with the nutritionist yesterday in regards to my problem of not gaining any baby weight. After keeping a detailed food journal of everything I ate, right down to breath mints and trips to the water fountain, it was decided that I was eating right, but not enough. I was instructed to add an extra 1,000 calories every day in hopes of gaining a pound a week on top of whatever I gain as the baby grows.

Do you have any idea how hard it is too add 1,000 calories to a full meal schedule that already included regular snacks and desserts? My metabolism has somehow tweaked back to my pre-married form when I could live on frosty-dipped fries and personal pizzas without gaining an ounce. Where was this problem all last year when I was trying to drop those annoying last ten pounds?

So I am trying to think of ways to squeeze extras in- extra salad dressing on anything, snacking on nuts and protein bars instead of crackers or granola bars, drinking milk with meals instead of water, and of course ordering dessert. I suppose if I had to pick a pregnancy complication to deal with, this would be it.

In the mean time, I am going to start eating like him:



3 comments:

Abs said...

Could you pass that "disease" on to me? It sounds like one I'd like to have.

Are you liking "Ivanhoe" it's one of my favorite books.

Tiffany -- the mommy said...

I too would like this problem!!! Good luck on the desserts...

Lauren in GA said...

Yes, that is the responsible thing to do....Order Dessert for the good of the baby and humanity on the whole ;)

Isn't it weird the things that change about our bodies when we get pregnant? I am hoping for this problem next time I get pregnant...although, do you feel stuffed and sick adding the extra calories?