I have been trying to stay busy this summer with all the things on my to-do list I have put off since the end of last summer!
May was my reading month.
I logged just under 1,000 pages for our RS book club by finishing off Northanger Abbey, Rebbecca, and Ivanhoe. All very good and I highly recommend them! A really easy Jane Austen read, a good clean suspense/romance novel by DeMauer, and a good expanded version of Robin Hood by Sir Walter Scott. For more ideas, see the "goodreads" box to the left!
June is my sewing/crochet month.
I finished off the kids' pj pants that I started just before Christmas and didn't finish in time. So instead of being six months late, I am a wonderful 6 months early for this Christmas! I also got some fleece on sale at Joanne's this week to make bathrobes since they both outgrew them this year. Hopefully they will make it for this Christmas, not next. My deadline for all Christmas projects is October, since I will be pretty much out of commission from Halloween until like March.
I also finished crocheting this blanket: I am especially proud of it for being my first finished project, besides a few small hats and scarves for the kids. It is very warm and soft and Andrew has already adopted it for his bed.

I put these together for the kids: A kangaroo pillow that has two little babies for her pouch, and a Christmas doll. They came from those cut-and-sew panels. It was my first try, so there are a few rough spots but I feel pretty confident about putting out a good product next time!

July will by my baby craft month.
I have a few more projects in the works, but am trying not to get overwhelmed and start things that don't get done, so it is one by one. Once we find out the gender of the baby I have a crochet booties pattern I want to try, a quilt to put a backing on, and probably a hat. I also found a pattern for a cute crochet cat that has no intended owner, but looked like fun to make. And we will be one Christmas stocking short, so I will make one of those, too. And I also got a counted cross stitch sampler birth announcement to make. Lenna and Andy have one, so I wanted to make sure this one didn't get left out. I am not sure when I will have time for that but maybe it will be my "3am baby is not sleeping and there is nothing on tv and I need to do something besides watch the clock" project. Abs had a cute pattern for baby shoes and a doll on her blog that I am dying to copy, so that is on the list too! Of course, the kids robes as well.
So I will be busy! Don't check back, as I will probably fall very short of this list before Christmas. And I don't even want to think about photo scrapbooks or baby books or preschool projects! There is always next summer I guess!


3 comments:
Whoa! I am totally and sincerely impressed! You have gotten tons done in my book :) Especially the reading...wow. seriously, wow! :)
I love that Andrew quickly adopted your lovely finished blanket for his bed. That is a true sign of approval ;D
I love your attitude of not being behind...but, instead, being ahead for this coming Christmas.
I really like this idea of separately the things you want to do into different months. Then you don't get overwhelmed with all the stuff you want to do and don't do anything...which is my life. Thanks for the tip!
What a beautiful blanket Jannet! You should be very proud!! What a compliment that Andy adopted it already!! I love the pillows that you made Andy and Lenna - you are really stretching your creative wings! That's amazing how much reading you have accomplished - I need to work on some of that, too.... Good luck with all of your projects - your list is quite amibitious! I also enjoyed that you were getting ahead for this Christmas, versus being behind from last =)
Post a Comment