Monday, August 18, 2008

Am I too Old to Have a Tantrum?

If so, too bad! Because I really, really need one right now. I spend all day with four year olds, maybe they are rubbing off on me a little. So that is your warning!

I HATE THIS CAR! I HATE THIS STUPID, OLD, BROKEN CAR THAT NEVER WORKS!!

There I feel a little better. Can I just tell you all the trouble I have been having lately?

First, it messes up my vacation by getting a blowout on the freeway (2 of 4 tires replaced) on the way to our hotel the first night.

Next, we get two flats on the same tire in two days, causing three trips to the tire shop and missed work and canceled plans (3 of 4 tires replaced).

Then, we spend $600 to replace the cooling system, after weeks of overheating and leaks and all that fun stuff that made driving just a huge pain. The check coolant light started blinking again this morning. Just three days later.

And today as I am leaving work I hear that familiar "thump-thump" and pull over to find another flat. At least I was still in the parking lot so didn't get stuck on the road, I had an A/C building to sit in. Of course, today is the day Mike starts his fall classes, keeping him away from home from 6AM to 10PM. So I am stuck trying to figure things out by myself. A nice guy in the gym traded his workout on the bars for a workout with my jack and spare, and Rosetta got Lenna from school, and we all are having dinner at the mall tonight while I get the tire changed (4 of 4 tired replaced in the last 5 months).

It also needs a tune up and the transmission fixed (it has a drag of sorts), estimated at about $300.

For a total of $1,300+ dumped into the car I now really hate, but it has a new cooling system and 4 new tires if anyone wants to trade!

One more moment please-

"I REALLY REALLY WANT A NEW CAR! SOMETHING NEW AND SHINY AND IMPRACTICAL THAT NEVER BREAKS. UNTIL THEN, I STILL HATE THIS DUMB OLD CAR!"

There. I am done. Thanks for listening.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Jannet - I am so sorry! I know how you feel b/c of how bad my car was getting, too! I absolutely think that things are better getting out than keeping them bottled inside. So, based on that perspective - I think a tantrum was just what the doctor ordered *wink* You definitely need something more reliable....especially with two little ones and one more coming soon......

Anonymous said...

WoW!!!! You have been through it recently! So glad you got that off your chest!!!!
Love ya!
Lauri

Lauren in GA said...

You have a tantrum any ol' time you like! YOU DESERVE IT!!!!