Yikes! Only 1 week left until the first day of school. I have one week to cram in a whole summer's worth of plans that we never got around to. I am feeling some serious mother guilt here! So here is our list, each day this week broken into three sections- morning, afternoon, and evening.
Monday: bill pay and errands, back-to-school shopping, and visit the pool for FHE (it counts as long as we are all together, right?)
Tuesday: play date or fountain park, clean the house, and go back to the pool (can you tell my kids are really into the pool? They have just graduated to the water slide, and are totally excited!)
Wednesday: friends over for a play date, visit the lending library, and go back to the pool.
Thursday: play date or park day, go to the movies, and go to open house at Lenna's school.
Friday: play date/doctor's appt, clean the house, and go back to the pool (me to RS)
Saturday: go to the zoo, picnic at the zoo, and yep, back to the pool
Sunday: church, rest (sure!), and back-to-school celebration with a bus-shaped cake and ice cream.
Monday is the big day! Andrew will be in my class, Lenna will be off to 1st grade, gymnastics, and book club. Mike starts back this month as well. I wonder if it is sad that our life will slow down after the baby comes! I am still determined to find some time in the evenings to get my reading done, my calling done, and get Christmas ready. Wish me luck!
Here is a picture of my three latest craft projects and what I have been up to at work.
Kitty, booties, and hat!
Cardboard castle for fairytale week.

Under sea wall for ocean week.
We had our open house last week at school. That had been sucking up all my free time the last few weeks, I am so glad it is done! I still have to update the website but at least I don't have to go in all week.
I am officially into my third trimester! The time has gone by so much faster than I thought it would. It occurred to me that if I do go into labor on my own, I am going to need some back up. So my biggest project for the next few weeks is putting together a list of people I can call in an emergency to pick up my kids from school, take them in the middle of the night, or drive me to the hospital if I can't get Mike home fast enough. This is the time when I really miss having a grandma or aunt right down the street!
Last Thursday I went to a girl's night out at a friend's house. We sat and ate junk food (red Swedish fish, jr mints, and peanut butter M&Ms- she knows the way to win my allegiance!) and played a game called BUNKO. An interesting fact, the outcome is determined entirely by chance, so there is no skill involved, except maybe being able to grab the dice as fast as you can so you get as many turns as possible. Other than that, it is not my fault of I win or lose. I kind of like that! And it is not taxing on the brain, so you can socialize instead of plan your next move. I am not sure if I will get to play again at their monthly get-togethers because of our schedule, but it was fun anyway.

If I survive until the end of the week, I will be amazed! I am going to haul the camera (with fresh batteries!) around to document the chaos of the next week, then check back in!
Happy last week of summer vacation!


3 comments:
Wow - Jannet - what a busy week!! I can't believe how fast this summer has flown by either! Heather's friend from Canada was just here for 10 days, and I am now farther behind then ever =( We took a mini vacation last week to NYC and had a blast - but it was not a relaxing vacation. I am trying to get back into work - and am going to be putting in some long days this week to catch back up.
I'm so sad that Lenna is already in 1st grade - it's unreal that she is already that old! I hope that the week goes the way that you want to.
Congrats on your crocheting projects - I think that cat is adorable!! You're very brave to tackle all of that on your own!
Put me on your list! I will take your kiddos at any given moment!
I am having some serious mother guilt here. Our summer was filled with too much fighting and not enough academics. I kind of feel like a failure.
Is the slide you speak of the big YMCA slide? That is so fantastic that they love the pool :)
yes, they are finally able to go down the Y pool slide w/o drowning at the bottom, most of the time. Andrew wears his floater swimming suit, plugs his nose the whoel way down, then is so suprised when he hits the water that he forgets to hold his nose or close his mouth, so he always comes up gasping. Lenna does better. It is very hard for me to watch and let go of that much control.
Do you think there will ever be an occasion that passed when we mother's don't feel some degree of guilt? Right now I am struggling with the lack of gifted programs in the school/district/state, esp for younger kids. I am squashing my child's potential by not giving her the right opportunities. *sigh* Maybe next year.
Post a Comment