A shameless baby brag post, just so you are forewarned.
Rebecca has grown so much this past month. She is going through clothes faster than I can keep up with the washing. I just packed away a whole box of too-little's, from newborn to 3-6 month clothes. Thankfully, Shannon and Sandra have great taste and non-pack rat closets, so Rebecca will be well dressed for the rest of the summer.
She is settling into a nap routine finally and is staying awake for longer periods. I have almost figured out what to do with her while she is awake. She is no longer content to sit and stare at the ceiling or a stuffed animal. She wants to be talked to and played with and sang to. She has learned to laugh, especially at her big brother and sister and likes her swing, a stuffed cat, and patty cake. When the weather cooperates she likes to go outside. Generally she is a very good baby and doesn't do much crying, relatively speaking.
I broke my own rules yesterday and she had her first solid foods. Pancakes and mashed banana. In contrast with Andrew and Lenna, who were strictly no solids until 6 months, no mixed foods until all ingredients had been tried separately, only natural jarred made for baby foods. I guess it is true the more you have, the more you have to let go. Anyway, we don't even have a high chair or anything set up. I had her on my lap during our breakfast for dinner and she was very interested in what we were doing, leaning in and trying to grab at my food and making eating motions with her mouth. So I just gave her a taste of the pancakes and she kept crying for more. I thought I better give her something more baby-foodish so mashed up a banana instead. She managed a couple of teaspoons before she was bored with it but did very well otherwise.
Some pictures- giggles and grins, plus meeting the spoon!
Monday, February 23, 2009
Growing by Leaps and Bounds
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comments:
Wow - Rebecca is growing so very fast... =( She has gotten so big already! It looks like you are really starting to see her little personality shining thru! Her smile is so beautiful =) I wouldn't beat yourself up about the food - seems like she is definitely ready for it!
Post a Comment