We are still here. I have been busy playing nurse.
Mike had his scope procedure done this morning. All went well and the test found nothing new or unusual. He spent the day sleeping off the anesthesia. The kids were troopers, getting up and going to the babysitter at 6am. I am grateful to a visiting teacher who was willing to get up that early, feed and dress my kids, cart one to school, and tend the other sick one until I got back.
Andrew has been on the couch with a fever the past two days. All TV rules go out the window when it comes to sick time. If you have ever wondered what 104* looks like, I can tell you. It is scary. He buried his head under the covers each time I tried to take a picture, so no visuals. He hasn't eaten in two days, but has been obediently downing a glass of juice every hour or so. We are going in for a strep swab tomorrow. He got to spend a whole three days healthy between the allergy attacks and the fever, just long enough to attend the holiday parties and church.
Lenna is the healthiest, as she had her sick days last week. I got a note from the nurse Monday, a phone call Tuesday, and Wednesday we finally gave up and kept her home. She was fine that afternoon, of course. She started the week with pink eye, but was well enough to go to school today.
Rebecca is so far untouched by the illness but keeping me busy in her own way. She is entering another growth spurt. I have just retired another batch of clothes, this time 3-6 month sizes. She has wanted to nurse constantly the past two days and has even started waking in the night for an extra feeding (she had been sleeping through since about 6 weeks). We are both counting down the weeks until she is old enough for solids. She seems to need the extra food and has begun watching me eat very intently, making "MMMM" noises with each anticipated bite. Too bad she will have to start with the yucky paste cereal instead of the yummy french toast she was eyeing this morning.
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
Hanging in There
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comments:
I am sorry for the sickness. That is always so, so lousy.
Mmmmmmm french toast....Rebecca has a point.
Post a Comment