No, I am not documenting my vacation. Waiting for pictures and camera cables and such. This is just a random thought I have been having the past few weeks.
I must be feeling nostalgic or something lately. I have been doing all sorts of things that I haven't done in about ten years. I have done them all in the past month or so. Here is a list.
Eaten at Taco Bell (I missed the cinnamon twists. I didn't know it, but I did)
Drank pink lemonade with sprite (a mixed fountain drink of the non-caffeinated variety)
Listened to a NKOTB song (I still know all the words)
Wore converse sneakers (pink this time)
Eaten at TCBY (vanilla/chocolate swirl is the best)
Played spoons, clue, or speed (don't use plastic)
Sang along to 90's hits (hooray for rental cars with satellite radio)
Eaten strawberry pop tarts (the staple of my college years)
Went running for fun (my lungs burned and my legs ached, but it felt so good! I need some new shoes)
Slept outside under a big, starry sky (why are there so many stars out west that you can't see here?)
Yelled "I see Susanville!" from the car as we came around that first big corner (Now my kids do it, too! Who says we don't have multi-generational traditions?)
Drove by one of my old high schools and felt sick (How do you explain the phrase "torturous 9 months" to a 7 yr old who wasn't actually sleeping in the backseat, w/o digging yourself a hole?)
Threw chips at a chipmunk (the non-plague-carrying variety)
Tried to identify plants in a redwood forest (10th grade bio. Bracken fern)
Sat around the campfire wishing I had a guy to snuggle with (did I mention that I missed my husband?)
So there you have it. My trip down memory lane through high school and college. I suppose going home and hanging out with your family will do that to you, but its nice to be back in the real world.
Had any flashbacks lately?
Ricks College, 1998, freshman year.


1 comments:
That is a great picture.
I liked this list...I found it fascinating.
Post a Comment