So I joined this group today.
http://www.nablopomo.com
Had to do it today, as tomorrow would have put me behind already!
National Blog Post Month encourages you to post something every day for an entire month. This group gives you a theme for the month to follow, which can sometimes make it easier to think of something to write about when it has been one of those days. Or weeks. Or years. Whatever. Anyway, the theme for December is Mitzvah. Not being Jewish, I had to look it up. Although it traditionally refers to the commandments, in this instance it is referring to an act of human kindness. So each day in the month of December (maybe cheating a bit with scheduled posts?) I hope to post at least a line or two about what kindness I have given that day. Something big, small, tangible, or not- just as long as it is something. And if I throw in the catch-up posts I hope to write this month in order to archive the events in the same calendar year they occurred, I should have plenty to write about.
Hopefully letting the world (ok the minuscule corner of it where I reside and the handful of people who read the words I write) know of my intentions will encourage me to actually get it done. So here's to NaBloPoMo.
Mitzvah: Let a friend come into my home on no notice to use my computer to do some urgent online banking. Didn't tell her to ask me tomorrow when my dishes were done or the floor was swept. Sometimes it isn't that important.
Tuesday, December 1, 2009
External accountability for some internal motivation
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comments:
You are awesome. I flip out when people see my house and I am unprepared.
My visiting teacher got to see a slaughtered squirrel right next to my front door when she came to visit. (Dumb cat of ours) I was so mortified. I knew she was coming but I didn't think about checking for carnage outside.
Post a Comment