Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Merry Christmas!

We took this picture of the kids by the tree on Sunday afternoon. They were dressed in their Christmas clothes for the church program. I love the deep red velvet and that they can match even though they are so far apart in age. And it only took me about ten tries to get a picture when they are both smiling and looking at me.

What's that you say? Why, yes, we do have three children. There is a boy supposed to be in the middle. I had his clothes laid out on the bed that morning- black pants, vest and socks. Burgundy dress shirt and striped silver tie. He would have looked great next to his sisters. Alas, middle child was in one of his moods and there was nothing I could do to change his mind about his determination to wear clothes of his own choosing. At 8:55 on the morning Lenna was looking forward to singing in front of the congregation, I didn't have time for a battle of wills. So I threw a protesting, disbelieving, stubborn little kid over my shoulder and strapped him in. He went to church dressed like this:
He was still refusing to comply with any of my requests and closed his eyes so he wouldn't look at the camera. I think I need to ask Santa for a parenting book. I am confused, humbled, challenged, and exasperated by this one every day.
I will end on an adorable note with this picture.



2 comments:

Lauren in GA said...

The girls look so, so pretty. I love their dresses and you did a great job getting them both to smile. That last picture of Becca is so darling.

Brian was dressed in his Batman outfit for his Pre-K school pictures because he unbuckled himself on the ride over and stripped himself naked because I had dressed him in a cute, picture worthy outfit. I figured better Batman than naked...Oh, well.

Spencer and Jennifer Lee said...

Cute pics! Merry Christmas!
Andrew and Spencer seem like two peas in a pod, it makes life interesting doesn't it?! (our battle right now is with socks and shoes, he won't put them on and if he absolutely has to, he chooses flip flops-pretty snazzy for church. Lily lost her church shoes so she went in a beautiful Christmas dress with hot pink and turquoise crocs. Classy.