Thursday, December 3, 2009

Serving at home

I always love the thought expressed by a fellow mother who said that her way of feeding the hungry and clothing the naked was by nursing and diapering her baby. Sometimes we have the most significant work to do right here at home.

Which is good, because that is where I am today. So what kindness can I deliver while housebound with a sick kid? Well, I'll just deliver it to the sick kid.

Mitzvah #3: motherly love. Milkshake (laced with medicine) for breakfast. Back rubs at nap time. Relinquishing control of the remote all day.

And because I forgot to include it yesterday-
Mitzvah #2: flowers to a friend who needed a boost.

2 comments:

Julia said...

Ah, what a nice thought! Sometimes I think we get so busy trying to solve world hunger... That we don't see all we do, right in front of us.
You are an amazing mother Jann!

Lauren in GA said...

Hey, this made me feel better. I am providing service...not just trapped in my house...