Sunday, May 25, 2008

Going to the Zoo

Last week I was able to go with Lenna's kindergarten class to the Columbia, SC zoo. Her class had an amazing turn out for chaperone's- enough for each adult to only be responsible for 2 kids. Lenna had a good time. We played until lunch, then had a picnic before returning to school. It was interesting to see Lenna around her friends and teachers. it is a whole new side of her personality. A little more reserved at times, silly at others. Definitely way more social than I ever was. Here are some pictures.


Up close and personal with a giraffe
A penguin porthole
By the penguin tank
In a hollow tree, like Toucans

Waiting to get in.
Lenna and her buddy for the day, Sariah.
Teachers Mrs Jones and Mrs Smith
Mackenzie, Lenna, and M's little sister, who thinks Lenna is fabulous!
Ostriches and Zebras

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lenna sounded like she had a wonderful time at the zoo! That's a great end of year activity =) It was so good that you were able to go along with her. Nice that you only had two to chaperone - I'm sure that made your day more relaxing!! I think that Lenna is going to be quite social. She continues to come more and more out of her shell every time I see her! Loved all of the cute pics!

Lauren in GA said...

Such Great Pictures :)

I love the student to chaperone ratio you had! That is great!

I love that you got to see her interact with her teachers and peers...I always learn a lot about my kids when I get to see it firsthand. Lenna is such a great kiddo and she is so beautiful.