I think that the Doctor's reasoning was this: the least they like women to gain is about 20 lbs. The typical schedule is to gain 1/3 of weight in the first 20 weeks and 2/3 the last. Since I will be 20 weeks next month, that gives me one month to gain my 1/3 of 7 lbs.
Anyway, he told me not to worry about it too much. The nutritionists job was to do a calorie count to make sure I was eating enough or if I was and was just really active ( I guess chasing 4 and five year olds all day then a three and six year old all night can burn a lot of calories) and to make sure my thyroid wasn't wacky. After the ultrasound they would know for sure if the baby was growing on track and would know if I need to worry or not with protein shakes and all that. For now, I just have to feel guilty every time I have to write out exactly how many peanut butter m&ms I eat in one sitting and notice that I only had like one serving of veggies yesterday- things like that.
Don't worry, I have no plans on eating trays of doughnuts anytime soon. In fact, I could barely get down one at Lenna's school yesterday morning, and I was thinking of this post the whole time!
Tuesday, May 20, 2008
A PS to the below post
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
I want you to be able to enjoy doughnuts and not fret :) I had to pay careful attention to my food intake when I was pregnant with Brian because I had, "borderline" gestational diabetes and it made me really anxious.
You have been through SO MUCH with this pregnancy! I am sorry, and I am mentally sending you well wishes and calm peaceful feelings...
there, did you feel that? ;)
OOOOOHHHHHHHH! I love the new template!!!!!
And one of these times I will actually type someting to read instead of just changing the colors!
Post a Comment