I found this in a message board archive from about a year ago.
I thought I would share it with all of you. Enjoy!
I thought I would share it with all of you. Enjoy!

An Ode to Lawn Mowing
Oh mighty lawnmower, how I loathe thee.
Thy powerful roar echos through my head
The mess that spews from beneath thy frame
Seeks the small corners of all my clothes.
Oh mighty lawnmower, how I loathe thee,
Thy cohort in crime, the green grassy lawn,
Tease, and taunts with every pass.
The rain falls and the lawn laughs,
It's blades grow and spread with every drop.
How great this alliance, to torture mankind
Its lingered and labored for years on end.
They work as a team; each feeding off the other.
The lawn grows by leaps and bounds.
Its tall grass taunts the caretaker morning and night
Alas the steward of the lawn relents.
He trods out to the resting place of the evil accomplice.
There sets the lawn mower beaming in anticipation.
The starter is primed and the caretaker pulls the cord.
The mower roars for a moment, sputters then stalls.
A faint cackle is heard with the last spurt of the engine.
Once again the caretaker pulls the cord but only silence prevails
Again, and again he tries.
Slowly at first but frustration ensues.
The caretaker kicks the mighty lawn mower rocking it to its side.
A faint cackle is heard as it settles back to the ground,
The caretaker cries out in pain clenching his foot.
Determined to succeed he primes the mower once more.
He pulls at the cord and the engine roars.
The caretaker has triumphed, or so he thought.
The mighty lawn mower has been conquered or so it is thought.
Without victory, why would the caretaker return the next week
And grace the lawn mower with the same entertaining routine.
What's more the lawn mower knows what the caretaker does not.
Last week the lawn was busy and prepared well for this day.
The grass has been growing with lightning speed.
But there is more, a secret worth the wait
For it will bring many moments of amusement
In the far corner of the lawn a new friend has emerged
He has joined the caretaker's tormentors and will not disappoint.
The caretaker knows not what lies ahead of him this day
But soon he will meet a new Nemesis who taunts even more,
It is the mighty crab grass and weeds galore...
By Mike


1 comments:
That was GENUIS!!!!!!
Mike, you have the gift of the written word! I laughed the whole way through it...even though I shouldn't laugh at your plight...especially of crab grass!
I am so glad that I am not the one that has to mow our lawn...
Post a Comment