Nope, not one of those forwarded questioning things, but graffiti. By my 6 year old.








I was de-cluttering a dresser to do some furniture arranging and this is what I discovered on one corner.

It is a little blurry because I had to do some cropping and such to get it to show up, but there it is! I guess if someone is going to scrawl messages on the furniture, what better than "I love you mom"? And now I have a long-lasting sample of that cute beginner handwriting I love so much.
In other funnies, Andrew came out after church Sunday and told me "Mom, sometimes I am just too smart!" I am guessing he was quoting a teacher, but how could I argue? He is too smart!
Later that day he enjoyed some computer bonding time with Mike. He first came out to tell me he was the strike out king in the baseball game they were playing but that the game was "a little bit hard possibly!" Later I came to visit and snapped this picture and was reprimanded for talking too loud. "Shh mommy, my piggies are sleeping!" Andrew whispered to me while pointing to his very relaxed toes.

I have posted the link to the vacation photos my sister-in-law Tammy, took. A few of the kids at a family party and her home roasting marshmallows, then of their time at the beach and Busch Gardens. She is amazing with her camera. I took twice as many pictures and ended up with just a handful of "frame worthy" ones, you know the ones where everyone is smiling, looking at the camera, in focus, etc. Almost every picture she sent was dubbed "frame-worthy" by Mike or myself. Some people in our family give her a hard time because she is known for always having her camera ready and taking a million pictures, but she is really good at it! So thanks, Tammy for the pictures. She is also one of the few loyal readers of this blog, so you can post her your compliments and she will see them.
She also spoils our kids with "not-for-any-good-reason-but-just-because-I-love-you" presents, which they love. Like this fancy dinner ware that has become a staple at our table. I even got Andrew to eat spaghetti by placing it on the Lightening plate. If only the trick would work for Lenna and vegetables, we would be in business.

A few random photos: Mike and the kids in the yard. We are hoping to get the glorious green abundance under control before it takes over the house. It would be easier if we didn't have to watch so closely for the poison ivy. Anyway, Mike had some big helpers, with their own little tools last weekend.


Andrew brought home this planter kit from school last week. We finally got it put together, Lenna did most of the work.



Next week we have a field trip to the zoo with Lenna's class, the kindergarten end-of-year performance, field day, and Andy's last day of school pool party. That should keep us very busy and perhaps give me more to write about.
Oh, and a PS for Lauren. You should make your Mike do his church-related calls from church. There I was enjoying a relaxing evening at home, check the caller ID to see your number and assume I am in for a nice chat with my friend Lauren. Then bam, the official voice of "Brother Marshman from the bishopric" comes on and asks me to speak in sacrament meeting. Not even a fair warning if you ask me!


7 comments:
Thanks for all the comments on my blog. Remember that we are in different situations...ie you work, you're pregnant, your husband works AND goes to school and your kids are older so they stay up later. And I guarantee your house is always cleaner.
A great blog for links, patterns and tutorials is homemadebyjill.blogspot.com there's a really cute doll Lenna might like (if she's into dolls)
By the way, you won't be alone on Sunday...I'll be right there sitting next to you.
Great pictures! I bet you're loving your house--I'm jealous of all that green! Arizona is too brown for me. And I love Andy's comment about the piggies, that one's priceless.
great pictures of the kids! i love the "i love you mom"! so darn cute. i love your blog. and i totally agree about brother marshman. not fair at all!
Andy is so funny - I also love the piggy comment - that is priceless!! But so it the "too smart" one. He is quite the character. I can picture him Thursday chatting on your cell phone and eating his sandwich. That was so cute!!
You can't ask for better graffitti than I love you Mom!! That is wonderful! I love some of the pictures that you posted with this blog entry. I'm guessing we'll get a link sometime soon...*wink* Thanks for taking the one of them with their new plates and cups. I asked Andy if he was eating his dinner on Lightning McQueen the other day.
Thanks for all of the wonderful compliments - so not necessary but very appreciated! And you're always welcome for the tons of pictures - LOL =)
I love all of your blog entries! You have done a tremendous job telling great stories and putting some great pictures with them! I'll always be a faithful reader!
I hope that you have a wonderful Mother's Day weekend!
I loved the way Andrew Tagged your home! He loves his momma!
And I love the way he wanted you to be quiet because his piggies were resting...adorable!
Um, sorry that my husband ambushed you...who know he used guerilla warfare tactics to assign Sacrament Meeting talks?!
I love your blog! You are a clever writer...I got a kick out of the title, here ;)
AND the pictures you linked that your Sister-In-Law, Tammy took are FANTASTIC!
You know, I feel sort of responsible for you and Abs having to give talks...I in no way suggested you, and I did not know he was going to ask you, BUT...I have been raving about you both because I feel like I have gotten to know you both better through blogging and I am always saying how amazing I think you both are. Sorry....forgive, forgive!
Lauren - thanks for the compliment on the pictures! I love taking pictures, especially when I have such adorable subjects =)
Post a Comment