Saturday, December 20, 2008

Christmas tag

I have been sent this one by three people. I guess I might as well answer it, since I have nothing better to write about, other than to complain about over-booked doctor's offices and school nurses with over-reacting thermometers who steal Christmas parties from 1st graders.

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I love using wrapping paper, but I do use gift bags in a time crunch.
2. Real tree or Artificial? Like the smell and look of a real tree, but prefer breathing, so we have a fake one.
3. When do you put up the tree? The day after Thanksgiving.
4. When do you take the tree down? Whenever I get around to it. Sometime in January.
5. Do you like eggnog? yuck!
6. Favorite gift received as a child? New pajamas on Christmas Eve. Until I was a teen they were handmade. I loved that they were made just for me, no one else had worn them first! I loved that for the few hours it took to make them, my mom had been thinking of just me. Maybe that is why I am so set on sewing my kids pjs.

7. Hardest person to buy for? parents and grandparents. What do you get for people who already have everything?
8. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes- 4 of them. The little people one is my favorite. I don't have to protect it- they can carry baby Jesus around all they want.
9. Mail or email Christmas cards? Both, depending on how much time I have, if we have pictures to send, etc. Sometimes neither when I am behind, then we send valentines.
10. Worst gift ever received? How about not received? I remember in jr high/high school I asked for roller blades for three years in a row, and each year watched my brothers get a pair. Never got any- was so bummed. I have never had a worst gift.
11. Favorite Christmas movie/show? Still looking for "the one". A Christmas Story because it reminds me of my mom (that she likes it, not that anything in there is like her), the traditional cartoons because they are tradition. Don't really like watching movies more than once, so it is hard.

12. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Late November, after birthdays are done so I don't repeat gifts and have to return stuff.

13. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yes. Passed on several teacher gift baskets last year. Gifts for the kids they already have or I didn't want them to have go to birthday parties and school exchanges.
14. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Dessert. Almost anything will do.
15. Lights on the tree? White
16. Favorite Christmas song? I can't decide. I love them all!
17. Travel at Christmas or stay home? I prefer to stay home, but will travel if that is the only way to see family.
18. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Only if I sing it.

19. Angel on the tree top or a star? Star
20. Open the presents Christmas Eve or Day? One present on Christmas Eve (usually pjs) and the rest on Christmas morning.
21. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Advertisements, traffic, and pressure to do too much.
22. Favorite ornament theme or color? I am traditional- like red and green (I cringe at the bright pink and neon green theme I saw this year). I like handmade ornaments that have a memory attached.
23. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Ham, and dessert of course
24. What do you want for Christmas this year? A full night's sleep. For my husband to be pain-free. Lenna's travel machine so we can see all of our extended family. More time- to get stuff done, to spend with my husband and kids, for myself.
25. Who is most likely to respond to this? Don't know- most people I know already sent it to me!
26. Who is least likely to respond to this? Anyone with a Y chromosome.

1 comments:

Lauren in GA said...

Down with school nurses that STEAL CHRISTMAS parties from first graders!!!! That is a crime against humanity...and so is eggnog...I agree with you.