Is it bad, do you think, for a four year old boy to eat nothing but peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for three days straight? What if he is coming off a week-long only oatmeal with raisins jag?
Is it bad, do you think, for your seven year old to go out in red stiped socks, a blue skirt, and a pink tee? How about in pjs to school?
Is it bad, do you think, for a mom to wear pjs to drive her daughter to school every day for about a month?
Is it bad, do you think, to feed your family (except for previously mentioned boy) things like microwaved chicken nuggets, canned soup, boxed pasta meals, or even cold cereal for dinner because you are limited to what you can prepare with one arm and no sleep?
Is it bad, do you think, to pray no one shows up for book club because you don't feel up to vacuuming or baking or changing out of your gym clothes?
Just wondering. I hope not.



4 comments:
Why would you even ask if this was bad? Is it bad that I was hoping you would continue with your "bad" list until you checked off all of the additional "bad" things I do? We read a fable today (The fox who lost his tail) and it was supposed to teach the moral that we shouldn't want others to experience something bad just because we are. How appropriate- yet, I still relished in this post.
I just have to add- I had a lot of catching up reading to do. I am SOOO impressed at your keeping up with posts. At the end of pregnancy, and then after Colby, I stopped life. It is encouraging that at least you "appear" to have some normalacy. Maybe writing in my blog more will give me some of that "me time" again- and help me to think of life outside of the eat, sleep, and poop. THANKS for the encouragement!
No. None of those things are bad at all.
My boys have all gone through phases where they will only eat one thing...infact Evan owes his life to peanut butter and jelly.
If it's bad then we can start a support group. I'll be the first member.
Post a Comment