Wednesday, August 12, 2009

School is in Session

Andrew and Lenna started back to school this week. Lenna is off to second grade (she wishes it was third) and Andrew started pre-K.
We had a party, or course, with a school bus cake. This year, I tried my hand at a cupcake cake. I think I like it the best so far.

Of course, no party is complete without a centerpiece.
Lenna on the first day of school:
Andrew sporting a new"spikey" haircut.

While my children were busy learning new routines and rules and such, I was very busy as well.
Very, very busy doing this:

Finally she can nap in peace...

2 comments:

Lauren in GA said...

I love that you went to the pool with just Rebecca!

The cake and centerpiece look great!

Which Pre-K did you choose?

Anonymous said...

Good for you to go the the pool and relax with Becca =) Moms need some rest and relaxation, too *wink* I love the "spikey new haircut" that Andy is sporting - LOL The school bus cake looks fantastic - what a creative idea!