Thursday, March 11, 2010

Going Private

Finally figured out my place in the blogger world. I am not going to have 500 random followers. I am not going to make cyber best friends or join a group of strangers to form some sort of community. I am just as shy and reserved in cyber space as I am in person, I guess. I don't leave comments on the blogs of people I don't know or expect them to leave one on mine. In fact, I always get a little uneasy when someone I don't know starts leaving comments on my stuff. I thought I wanted to make it available for the world to admire, but I have discovered that I really don't.

I am just writing for me, my extended family, and a handful of friends who for some reason keep coming back to read. The people I care about read regularly, and many get posts automatically thru email. So if you are a mystery follower and want to keep reading, please leave a comment or email me or facebook msg me or whatever and let me know what email address you want me to send an invite to. I noticed there are about a dozen google reader subscribers, and I can't name a dozen people who I thought read this so that was interesting and I am curious to see if that many people ask for an invite. I think knowing that I am making a stronger effort to keep out the weirdos will leave me a little more freedom in my postings. And maybe I will actually update more often (maybe).

You have a week then the settings are going to private!

4 comments:

Spencer and Jennifer Lee said...

We love to read your blog! Please send us an invite :) spencerandjenniferlee@gmail.com

Lauren in GA said...

I have been re-evaluating my blogging, too. I need to post more and read strangers' (meaning people I don't know in real life) less.

I would love an invite...I have to be truthful, though...I sometimes forget to read and comment on private blogs. Not that you are dying to have me comment...I always check for blog updates on my blogger dashboard and private blogs don't show up on dashboards or google reader.

In your heart of hearts would you prefer that only family be invited. I am fine if you would prefer to not have friends...I want to know what you want...but may be worried to say because you might hurt my feelings.

Lauren in GA said...

Oh, I forgot to leave my e-mail...but I leave it up to you...no pressure ☺

mp_marshman@yahoo.com

Suzanne said...

Hey, I read regularly and would love to continue. I get great ideas from you! =)

happygirlsue@hotmail.com