Thursday, December 23, 2010

Crafty to-do list- Done!

Remember this post from forever ago?
As of last night, I am finished! Thought I would type myself a little update of my progress. For those days in the near future when I feel like I never accomplish anything, I can look back and say, "Oh yeah, I can do stuff. It just takes a lot of planning ahead and time and someday I can be crafty again when naps and routines return to normal. Like next summer maybe." 

So here is my list of things to make:
I will insert pics of anything I managed to finish and photograph so far!

Birthdays:
Andy: hooded towel, tool set


I put togther the tool box with a simple box and a few "real" tools from target, complete with safety goggles and a box of nails. He and Mike are already replacing the boards on the deck.
Becca: quiet book

This one had a post of its own if you want to scroll back thru the archives.

Lenna: hooded towel, message board, bedroom make over



I made the mobiles, canopy, and painted.
Christmas:
Andy: marshmallow guns, pirate map

I packaged it up with a wooden treasure chest for him to paint and a cool lock for when he needs to hide the treasure.

Becca: doll house (I painted some little nesting dolls so she would have someone to live in the house. Do they look like anyone you know?)


Lenna: ribbon barrette craft kit, blank books, room makeover-mobile, canopy, murals (moved to birthday)
No pictures here, all the room stuff above. Instead of just a barrette kit I made her a craft kit with several different packets- a sewing bag with supplies for matching doll and girl aprons and to make a baby quilt, a knitting book and yarn, a hair clip kit with barrettes and bands and flowers and ribbons, etc. and a tote to store it all in along with some coupons for some "mom time" to work on stuff together.

All: pajamas, surprise balls, activity advent calendar, nativity puzzle blocks, Elf on the Shelf
I didn't take pics of the surprise balls I made before they were enjoyed, maybe Sandra can snap one of her kids taking them apart? the activity calendar and Elf are more activities than crafts, but we did do them!




Strike through the things I decided not to do. Andy got marshmallow guns at a party and really only needs two. Lenna got a gift basket from church with 3 blank notebooks and when I was moving her desk, I found another 6. That should be enough for any aspiring writer, right? And I never got to the nativity blocks. Since I never got around to opening three of our Christmas boxes anyway, I didn't think they would be missed. Maybe next year?
We did add in some fabric art ornaments for the grandparents and magnet faces for relatives as well. And some wire ornaments I didn't take any pictures of (Sandra? got any?)


So there it is. My season of crafting! I have to re-upholster my rocking chair cushions before the baby comes and crochet her some little shoes (because as much as I love hand-me-downs, everyone should have a little something that is just their own!) and then I think I shall retire the sewing machine and glue gun and paints for a while. On to the next season of mothering an infant and adjusting to changes and all that stuff.

Ta-da!

1 comments:

Lauren in GA said...

Lady, you are impressive!!! I LOVE the nesting dolls of your little family!!!!!! So awesome, Jannet.