Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Easter Egg-ventures

Andrew and I started the weekend by making cookies while Lenna was at an Easter egg hunt with a friend. Andrew never does anything for more than 5 minutes at a time, so we had to do the express baking. I had the dough made and ready in the fridge, all he had to do was roll it out and stamp out the cookies. He only made it through one batch, so I had to finish but he enjoyed smearing frosting all over everything later.


That night we colored eggs but I forgot to take pictures. Sorry about that. I was trying too hard not to get sick from the smell of hardboiled eggs to take pictures. The enxt morning the bunny came and left treats and hid plastic eggs all over the living room.


Andrew loves his new book, David and Goliath. He is fascinated by the little boy taking out the big mean giant by throwing rocks. Lenna got a new bag, and seems to never have her eyes open when I take a picture.


An Easter Egg hutn in the living room, because eggs full of candy outside would have been devoured by ants within minutes. Mike stayed up and hid tham all over the house after we had gone to bed. I was still finding them tucked into nooks and crannies a week later. And this way, all of the excitement is over in less than an hour after waking up and we can move on to getting ready for church and such. Speaking of church, I was having a bad camera day and forgot to take a picture of the kids in their Easter finery.

So I guess that's it! I wasn't really feeling that great the entire week, so our celebration was pretty toned down this year. I think this is the first time we have missed the Easter Bunny at the mall as well. We got the basics though- eggs, cookies, and Easter baskets! Sadly, but typically, Mike had to work that day. I tried to take pictures of the morning madness for his sake. He made it home in time for dinner though and helped with egg dying and basket stuffing Saturday night.
We had corned beef and cabbage for dinner that night. I had bought everything for Saint Patrick's Day but my stomach was adamantly opposed to cooking that night, and the next few after so we just made it for Easter dinner instead and stuck the ham in the freezer for later. I think it worked out very well and I discovered a meat that Lenna would actually eat- I think it had something to do with it being pink, but am not sure!

2 comments:

Lauren in GA said...

I love the title here ;)

I loved chatting with you the other day!

Lauren in GA said...

You are Super Mom! I am so sorry you were so nauseated and had to smell the eggs...I probably shouldn't be bringing it up because it might bring back memories and then nausea...sorry...


I love how you kept finding candy filled eggs after the hunt was over.