Thursday, April 3, 2008

A roller coaster of emotions

Today was a very busy day here. Mike and I went to the hospital together for my appointments. I took Andy to a sitter and Lenna to school then headed up. We first saw the OB doctor, who had a lot of energy. He said that the other night when I collapsed I probably just fell asleep because everything else looks normal and healthy. I don't have to return for about six weeks. He couldn't find the heartbeat with the doppler so he pulled in a mini-ultrasound for us. We were able to hear the heartbeat and see our little bean- mostly just head and heart but that is ok with me! We are looking at the 1st few days of November for a due date. I was glad Mike was able to be with me for the appointment. He came to every single one with Lenna, but didn't get to come to anything for Andy because of the strict rules he had to follow at DLI. It was nice he was able to get the morning off to be with me. Especially because of our next appt.
I went up to dermatology after that and had a few spots checked out. Most moles were ok, just on a wait and see schedule now but two looked odd. One spot on my shoulder and another on my head behind my right ear. I had them both biopsied to check for cancer cells. One was simple, they just scraped it off and put a bandaid on the spot. The one on my scalp was a lot bigger and they had to do mini-surgery to remove it and left me with some stitches to care for. My shoulder is a little sore and my head is starting to hurt, but not too bad. The doctor said it probably wasn't anything to worry about, but they would contact me in a few weeks either way. I am not scared of having cancer and won't worry about it until I hear bad news. That is what I will keep telling myself, and eventually will believe it I hope!
Mike and I grabbed some lunch and then he went to school and I went to get Andy. It had been raining and there was a huge puddle in the driveway of the house I went to pick him up from. He was running around the car splashing in the puddle while I was chatting and he ran right into the side view mirror and gave himself a black eye. Oops!
So I guess that is it for today. A lot to take in! Tomorrow we are off on vacation to Virginia Beach for the week- hooray! I have a ton to do to get ready, but am so excited to be getting some time with my husband and the kids at the end of the week. It should be a great break from the stress of everyday life. And I will have plenty to write about when we get back!
And don't forget the sunscreen!
Jannet

3 comments:

Abs said...

Have fun!

Tiffany -- the mommy said...

Have fun on Vacation. See ya when you get back!!

Lauren in GA said...

OH, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! He ended up with a black eye?! Oh, sad!!!


Have a wonderful time at Virginia Beach! I love Virginia! It is my homeland ;) and Virginia Beach is the best of the best!