Today I found Lenna in tears after primary. Apparently one of the older boys had called her a spider girl. I am guessing because of her skinny legs and black tights. Anyway, it really hurt her feelings.
I was able to console her by telling her my middle school nickname- spider woman. I also had the same long skinny arms and legs and long blonde braids. I was at least 4 inches taller than all the boys and after a long day of getting their behinds kicked by a girl in field day they dubbed me spider woman.
Lenna got a huge kick out of that story and has since been proud to bear the name spider girl just like her mom.


4 comments:
I don't know why children have to be so mean!! I'm glad that you were able to turn it into something positive for Lenna!
I am so glad you were able to cheer her up...kids are so cruel. PLEASE, let me know if it was one of my boys that said it...recently we have been having to learn that, "Even if you are joking...some things aren't funny and you can hurt someone's feelings."
I read your comment on my tornado post to Mike and he said, "You know Jannet is right...we should have put our 72 hour kits under the mattress with us! We need to go through them and see if we neet to replace anything!" Thanks for you good example! If we had been trapped in the hallway we would have been so hungry!
Don't worry Lauren, your boys are safe! It was an overly helpful Deacon I believe.
Thanks for commenting back! *Phew* glad it wasn't one of my kids.
Tell Andrew, I am so excited to have him come over and play on Thursday! :D
Post a Comment