Thursday, March 6, 2008

A lesson in self control

On Sunday Andrew's primary teacher, Lauren, shared with me something he said. (you really have to teach me how to link now Lauren so my posts can be as fancy as yours)

He said "You get what you get and you don't throw a fit! But sometimes, I really want to throw a fit."

I guess the "get what you get" chant is something they use at school to motivate each other (I have never heard a teacher say that, only the kids). It was funny and cute but more than that, it has made me think about how far Andy has come lately.

He probably does want to throw a fit pretty often because it seems the older you get the less you get your way, but he doesn't. I am struggling to remember the last time he really threw a fit. Sometimes he will stamp his foot or poke out his lip in protest of some terrible injustice like not eating dinner on the couch or having to wear clothes to church instead of swimwear (a whole different post, stay tuned), but he does manage to keep it to that instead throwing that fit. I was suddenly proud of him for recognizing that sometimes, even when you really do want to throw a fit, you don't.

If only we all could remember that the world would be a much better place!

1 comments:

Lauren in GA said...

Yay! I loved this post! And not just because it mentioned me ;)

It was so adorable hearing him say that! I think it is so funny the way you listed terrible injustices like, not getting to eat your dinner on the couch (you, meanie) or wear swimwear to church. I look forward to reading about that :)

Okay, you are welcome to come over anytime and I will teach you to link...but, I will try to explain here...
So...if you are in your blog typing away... open up a new tab and find whatever it is you want to link by typing it up in the address bar (or if it is another blog and it is in your favorites or on your google reader or whatever, just go click on that so that it goes up to the address bar.) Once you have found what you want to link and the address is up in the address bar..right click it and click on COPY to copy it and then go pack to the post you are working on and right above where you are typing on the word processing page there are lots of icons, like spell check, etc. Click on the one that looks like the world with a couple of chain links on it and in the address section that comes up right click again and click on PASTE and then hit OK and it should work for you. If it doesn't call me because I kept doing it incorrectly even when I was trying to show Aleasha Smith how to do it...I figured out I was highlighting what I wanted to link and then hitting COPY...don't highlight the adress in the adress bar just right click and COPY and then PASTE.

If that makes no sense, follow Andrew's example and "Don't throw a fit" Heh, heh, heh, just kiddin' just give me a call and I will try to help :) I like to link the www.mormon.org because all of Mike's family are not members of the church so I try to go to the glossary of mormon.org and link definitions of things so that they know what on earth I am talking about.