

He was so proud. I was torn between wanting a respectable looking child for church and letting him develop whatever skill it is that is developed when you dress yourself creatively. Fortunately he became very uncomfortable by lunch and opted to remove the bathing suit and tie, I added some pants and he made it out the door looking normal and with his self esteem intact.
I would like to note that I only care what he looks like when he is expected to look nice and it would disrespectful to show up dressed ridiculously. He can wear whatever he wants at home and anything he wants that meets the dress code at school, which just means things he can manage in the bathroom by himself and can run around in safely. That often includes pajamas, superman capes, train hats, and rain boots- sometimes all in the same day.
Lenna made me very happy on Sunday afternoon. She had completely disappeared for about a half hour and I had to go hunting for her. I found her on the bed in the playroom surrounded by toys. I expected to see an elaborate barbie and horse play set up but instead found her exploring a completely different imaginary scenario:


I think this time it was the land of "Frog and Toad" followed by an adventure in Ponyland. I am a pretty avid reader myself and have always hoped that at least one child would share my love of print. Lenna is fitting the bill very nicely. Andrew likes a good story, but can rarely sit through the whole thing, unless it is at bedtime and he is stalling. Either way, I think it was a great way to spend a Sunday afternoon. And note that Lenna is dressed very appropriately for Sunday church.


4 comments:
Oh my goodness - that is an outfit!! Maybe Andy is going to start some new trends in fashion =) Glad that you got some pictures to compliment your write up!
Andy is so cute!! I LOVE the outfit!!
What an awesome outfit! I wish he would have worn it to church. Really, it would have made my day.
Congrats on the baby! That's SO exciting.
I totally cracked up at Andrew's outfit! That boy has style! Very fashion forward!
We have the same dressing issues with Brian...that is why he comes to pack meeting as Batman ;)
I love that Lenna loves to read. It is so hard to get my boys to LOVE reading...it is a challenge with the reading program they have at school. It is supposed to foster a love of reading but it has done quite the opposite for Adam.
Post a Comment