I know I have been very behind in posting lately. I have been feeling pretty wiped out and barely have time to put my children in clean clothes and cook dinner each night, so posting has taken a back seat. Eventually I will catch up with Easter activities and other such things but for now, we wait!
Today and tomorrow however, I am "confined to quarters" you could say, with a sick little boy. Andy started acting odd at church yesterday, running a fever and napping on my lap during primary. He came home and his fever spiked and he slept most of the day. He woke up this morning with a rash. We spent another day at the doctrs office (we were just there Friday for a new allergy mediciine and athsma treatment) and the new diagnosis is scarlet fever! A form of strep that also has a rash. But it is only dangerous if you lived in the 1800s before the invention of penecilin, so no worries.
He is on the lovely pink junk for the next 10 days. I am just praying that we all don't have to take a turn. Anyway, I am off to play nurse some more.
I'll keep you posted, as Lenna has developed a mysterious looking pink itchy rash all over her legs, but only at bedtime the last two nights. Any ideas? I am begining to hate the clinic waiting room. I might have to quit my job just to find the time to keep taking my children to the doctor.
Jannet
Monday, March 24, 2008
Sick Day
Posted by Jannet at 12:38 PM
Labels: Andy, Being the Mom, Lenna
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
I'm so sorry Jannet =( I hope that the medicine helps Andy to feel much better very quickly!! I'm not sure what to tell you about Lenna - have you changed laundry detergents or fabric softeners? Is it after a bath? Has anything changed in her cleansers? Seems odd that it would only be on her legs. I'm guessing that what you deal with as far as the clinic is more what the norm is in Canada. I don't think that I could do either one. That will be one plus for Mike going to the private sector =)
Jannet-- Let me know if you need anything. Hope he feels better soon.
OH, Poor Andrew!!!!! I am so sorry! I am glad you said that scarlett fever isn't dangerous with antibiotics because my heart jumped and I thought, "OH NO! POOR GUY! PEOPLE HAVE DIED FROM THAT!" Sorry, as you know I can overreact at times.
Hope he feels better right away and Lenna does too...AND YOU are able to get some rest!
Post a Comment